Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Earth's Mightiest History

Hey, folks. Hate to be a drive-by self-promoter, but... well, I'm going to anyway.

I've been a listener to CGS for about a year now. Between CGS and House to Astonish, there's some great comics podcasting out there. My favorite episodes are the spotlights, which I've gone back and listened to every one of. There's some really great discussion in there. Partially inspired by those episodes, I've put together a podcast with a friend that we call EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HISTORY.

Our show is like a spotlight on steroids and from the title, you can probably guess it's pretty Avengers-centric (no good reason there beyond the fact that it's been my favorite franchise since the Busiek/Perez era). Starting from the very beginning in 1963, we usually discuss three or four issues per episode, including summaries, review, and an analysis from the historical perspective of what was going on in the industry and in the world at the time.

To date, we've put out 26 episodes of our mostly-weekly project on iTunes, covering the first 79 issues, plus a few annuals and early crossovers, and we're ramping up for a big extra-length episode #29 in which we'll be discussing the classic Roy Thomas story "The Kree-Skrull War."

So that's pretty much my pitch. If you're a fan of the Avengers, Silver Age Marvel comics, or looking to learn more about those topics, give it a shot. Check us out on iTunes and let us know what you think!

Thanks for your time.

Comments