Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1722 Talkback - February 2019 Previews

Roses are red, violets are blue, time once again to cover Previews! We go through the February catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in April. (2:25:37)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Gorilla Comics, I was at the Gorilla launch party, which happened the Friday night of Heroes Con that year at a Mexican restaurant. Downtown Charlotte was pretty much a ghost town during the weekends back then, so they basically had the run of the building. Mark, George, Karl, Mike Wieringo and Todd Dezago (who did Tellos together, another great book) were all there. I don’t remember if Kurt was there or not. Anyway, yeah, they folded because of funding issues. The guy fronting the money wasn’t all that he had presented himself as, and it became a bit of a mess.
  • Options
    Ian, you may have grown up with Ghostbusters both Real and Extreme, but I grew up with the original live action Ghost Busters with the great Larry Storch and Forrest Tucker. Re: the licensing issues, Columbia paid Filmation half a million dollars to use the name. After the success of the film, Filmation decided to do a new cartoon version of the live action show.
  • Options
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Loved the episode. You Ian and Adam talked briefly about Ghost Spider and wondering why she's being called that if she's in her own Universe. My guess is that because she's known as Ghost Spider in the cartoon, Marvel Rising, they are using that name. The name Ghost Spider is being used on their Marvel Rising merchandise as well like dolls (which my daughter has) and other stuff. I'd imagine it's a way to market the character to people who like the cartoon. Also, it's a cool name. Goes with the costume.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Darn it! I haven't even started making my Previews order for this month and you guys are making me think about adding stuff. Thanks again!