Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Longtime Central PA Comics Retailer Bill Wahl needs your help

Long time listen, first time poster here. Like the title says, Bill Wahl, co-owner of Comix Connection in York and Mechanicsburg (and if I remember correctly they sponsored a CGS show or two in the past) has a medical emergency and needs as much help as he can get. I'm going to copy/paste from Brian Keene's post, because he writes far better than I:

For nearly 30 years, as the co-owner of the Comix Connection, retailer Bill Wahl has brought joy to comic book and gaming fans, and has supported a number of industry professionals such as Mike Hawthorne, Brian Keene, Tim Truman, Joe R. Lansdale, Mary SanGiovanni, and J.F. Gonzalez.

Now, it is time for this community to return the favor.

Bill, an uninsured single father of two, suffered complete renal failure last year and underwent several procedures on both kidneys, including a nephrostomy, a stent, and two separate lithotripsies. Bill has spent the last 9 months with no follow up visits because he can't afford them. He continues to sporadically pass blood and other detritus. He has been paying the urologist, anesthetist, and other charges as best he can -- but it is impossible to keep up.

Comic book creators often go without health insurance for ourselves, but we forget that the retailers who champion our work and put it in the hands of readers are often in the same predicament.

And here's the linky thing: https://www.gofundme.com/f/bill-wahl-medical-fund

I hope this doesn't violate any policies, and I apologize if it does. Give if you can, and please share on whatever social media you use. We are trying to get as many eyes on this as we can.

Thank you all so much.

JeremyFromHbg