Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Tired of eating meat. Need break. First time in adult life bought instant oatmeal for me.
    Don't judge. Know it is horse food.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    mwhitt80 said:

Tired of eating meat. Need break. First time in adult life bought instant oatmeal for me.

I prefer steel-cut oats cooked in our rice cooker, but instant oatmeal is fine if you have some frest fruit and/or almonds to add to it. I eat it pretty regularly.

mwhitt80 said:

I prefer steel-cut oats cooked in our rice cooker, but instant oatmeal is fine if you have some frest fruit and/or almonds to add to it. I eat it pretty regularly.
    Still horse food...

With my daughter i made almost all of her food ( applesauce, steamed veggies, fruit, grits, etc.) Except real steel cut oats. I made doctored instant oatmeal, just not the real thing.

Snide remark towards my wife: It's amazing how much my wife's attitude towards the baby's food changed when she was in charge of feeding a Little one. Motts and easy food for everyone. Don't spend a full evening steaming, blending, and freezing for the week on top of making dinner. And no 5letter wording to your husband when he says "You know it would be easier if I feed her xfood and she would be just fine". Just saying husbands are right about most stuff, but we know that wives can't handle the truth. We just wait for them to realize that they were wrong and pretend that they were right all along.
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Look who popped up on Half in the Bag...

Yup, Macauley Culkin.
  • Look who popped up on Half in the Bag...

Yup, Macauley Culkin.

Ironically, he was the worst actor in the episode.

Also, he's in another episoed... the one with Max Landis... there's a short Landis movie at the end.
  • So, I just heard on a podcast that Stan Lee wrote a tv comedy pilot featuring Lou Ferigno and Billy Barty as policemen called Partners. It was filmed, but never shown. I must see this.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Tonebone said:

So, I just heard on a podcast that Stan Lee wrote a tv comedy pilot featuring Lou Ferigno and Billy Barty as policemen called Partners. It was filmed, but never shown. I must see this.

If you ever find it, be sure to send it my way. That would be epic. Of course, I'm sure Stan used that script to take credit for Twins. ;)
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Finally tackling Gaiman’s Sandman
  • I just found out that the VR game I worked on a while back, Wereworlves Within is now being turned into a made-for-TV movie, produced by Ubisoft. It's very weird info, but kind of exciting. It's a really fun game, that found a small, but dedicated, audience. I worked on the environments, along with an intern.
    Cruising around the Barnes and Noble. Just picked up issues 1&2 of Retro Fan from twomorrows
  • mwhitt80 said:

Cruising around the Barnes and Noble. Just picked up issues 1&2 of Retro Fan from twomorrows

Cool! Glad it's in your area. Not all B&Ns are carrying it, but a good number of them are. Hope you like it!
    edited November 2018
    The new acting attorney general has a name very similar to mine. Oddly similar.

Anyway I would like to go ahead and say: I'm not changing my name. He's the one who sucks.

Pre-editors note I know nothing about Matthew G Whitaker. He might be awesome, but he's a politician so I feel safe in my comment
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    mwhitt80 said:

The new acting attorney general has a name very similar to mine. Oddly similar.

Anyway I would like to go ahead and say: I'm not changing my name. He's the one who sucks.

Pre-editors note I know nothing about Matthew G Whitaker. He might be awesome, but he's a politician so I feel safe in my comment

I second your assertion. Not the he might be awesome part.
    What are 2 comicbook series you will probably always buy?
    For me it's Hulk and Knights of the dinner table
  • mwhitt80 said:

I could name several—they’re all creator-owned, so it's more like “always buy for as long as it’s being published”.

Saga
    Hellboy
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

Supergirl
    Shazam/Captain Marvel/Whatever they Call him :)
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    There's a Time/Life infomercial selling a collection of Robin Williams interviews and performances. I know it wasn't the intent of the commercial, but it makes me sad.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Alex Smith man... :((
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow nerds.
    Happy Thanksgiving CGE family
    edited November 2018
    One of the characters my daughter imagined is Bad Jack. He creeps into houses and eats all the catfood in all the world. How you ask? "He's very tricky"

The other night i while having a night cap my brain got hit by the idea: (843) 223-5225 comes across your cellphone. The Bad Jack.

Then i was off to the races. Queso Problema has a badguy, then a town in West Texas, townspeople, a sheriff department, a tx ranger, then a family and a job, and finally a working idea of the conflict. I might actually have to write my unwritten children's series
    Anyone else tired of watching chubby former soldiers selling flashlights and sunglasses on TV?
    I hope everyone had a really good time over Thanksgiving
    1) I was thinking about something. A few years ago we dropped outside contacts for the forum. We need to do that again so we can keep up with each other.

2) I have subscribed to milehigh email for what seems like forever. I've not bought a single item from Chuck since his roof collasped. Love him or hate him we can probably all agree he has some questionable business practices (especially on the grading side). But dang I think I might have to unsubscribe. that guy has been running a hardluck sale for the past year, and there are only so many sob stories I can read before I am desensitized

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, I went with ( dragged kicking and screaming) the family to see Superman the Movie on it's 40th anniversary showing at a local theater. I last saw it in a theater when I was 10, lo those many years ago. Man, I love that movie. It's so full of flaws, but the great parts are SO good. I find it baffling that they got Superman right, 40 years ago, and again in Superman II, but never since, on the big screen.

That scene where Lois interviews Supes on the balcony, and then when he reverts to Clark and briefly decides to drop the charade, and then thinks better of it is on of the greatest sequences ever filmed in any movie.

Richard Donner deserves a LOT of credit for his "verisimilitude" edict, and for daring to present the character as the wholesome, kind, caring, and genuine being he deserved, without shying away from the pitfalls of potential corniness. He navigated a minefield without ever getting a scratch.

There was many an eyeroll from my captive audience, and even my wife checked her phone for the time about a hundred times, while I was choking back tears of nostalgia. Their loss. It was awesome.
    edited December 2018
    Tonebone said:

Richard Donner deserves a LOT of credit for his "verisimilitude" edict, and for daring to present the character as the wholesome, kind, caring, and genuine being he deserved, without shying away from the pitfalls of potential corniness. He navigated a minefield without ever getting a scratch.

I love the wholesome, kind, caring, and genuine Superman. Supes has the power of the cosmic gods and yet all he wants to be is a decent guy and good husband (now dad) that tries to do everything within his power to help people.

If you can't tell the story of a good guy that will stand up for what is right and gets broken over the "ants" he can't save, you probably shouldn't doing anything Superman related.
    edited December 2018
    F'in A we just won state championship in 5a Georgia. It's been a crazy year!