Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Fantastic Four Reboot. (And Marvel vs. Fox)

‘Fantastic Four’ Reboot To Take on Star Wars 7 & Avatar 2

(latino-review.com) Chronicle director Josh Trank is moving forward with a reboot of The Fantastic Four, so hopefully we’ll actually get a good movie this time around. There’s no word on casting, but, thanks to Exhibitor Relations (and Twitter), we have a release date.

2015 is turning out to be a very crowded year. So far we’re getting The Avengers 2, The Justice League, Star Wars: Episode VII, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part II and maybe Avatar 2 and Ant-Man. Should be a fun year.

Comments

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2012
    2015: The year 2/3 of this forum will declare bankruptcy. ;)
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    -----system-----over---load------...............
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited December 2012
    Fantastic Four - ....okay, I guess?

The Avengers 2 - Hell yeah!

The Justice League - Cautious optimism

Star Wars: Episode VII - Cautious optimism

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part II - Hell yeah!

Avatar 2 - Never saw the first, don't intend to see this one.

Ant-Man - Yeah!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

Am I the only one that completely forgot about Avatar? Or that there was ever going to be more of them? It seems strange, given that it is the most successful human movie or whatever, how little Avatar seems to have entered the culture. But I digress.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980

Fantastic Four - ....okay, I guess?

The Avengers 2 - Hell yeah!

The Justice League - Cautious optimism

Star Wars: Episode VII - Cautious optimism

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part II - Hell yeah!

Avatar 2 - Never saw the first, don't intend to see this one.

Ant-Man - Yeah!

Avengers 2 - Hell to the yes

The Justice League - kinda doubtful it will get made

Star Wars 7 - also doubt will be out

Mockingjay part 2 - boooooo.... did not like the mockingjay book at all.

Ant-Man - I have little to no idea what Ant-Man is. I hope to be pleasantly surprised like I was with Thor. Didn't know anything about Thor before that movie either.
  • Options
    Matthew Vaughn comes aboard as a producer.

The Hollywood Reporter
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    David_D said:

Am I the only one that completely forgot about Avatar? Or that there was ever going to be more of them? It seems strange, given that it is the most successful human movie or whatever, how little Avatar seems to have entered the culture. But I digress.

It certainly doesn't have the resonance that Camerons Terminator movies had.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    we are a spoiled generation now
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    As always, I hope they go retro with this. That cold war/space race/"we have to beat the Commies" vibe would make for an awesome FF movie.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

As always, I hope they go retro with this. That cold war/space race/"we have to beat the Commies" vibe would make for an awesome FF movie.

Agreed. The new FF needs the "1st. Class" treatment.
  • Options
    Saw Jessica Alba on TV the other day. Still hot but still not Sue Storm. And I want Doom to act and sound like an Eastern European dictator.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    David_D said:

I officially forgot about it the first time I saw a trailer for it. I'm no more interested in this then I am the Harry Potter movies, Twilight movies, or the Hunger Games movies.

M
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    David_D said:

A couple weeks ago, I read some news story about Avatar 2. For a brief moment, I had to jog my memory to recall what it was a sequel to. Even then, my recollection was something along the lines of "Oh, that was the one with all the blue guys in it." I saw it on opening night, you'd think the experience would have stuck with me a little more.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

Saw Jessica Alba on TV the other day. Still hot but still not Sue Storm. And I want Doom to act and sound like an Eastern European dictator.

Terrible casting. Nothing against the actor, but who thought Doctor Doom should sound like that? That nasally voice coming from that mask killed it for me.

The rest of the FF was good enough that I could actually tolerate Alba. I'd easily accept Evans and Chiklis again, and even Gruffudd was decent.

Vaughn on board gives me hope that maybe they'll try harder this time.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    David_D said:

The funny thing is that while I was initially reading yourpost about the lack of respect for Avatar, I was thinking that I, too, was looking forward to a second Avatar The Last Airbender live action movie (which I beleive is NOT on the table given the failure of the first)! Then I realized you weren't talking about that! lol

e
    L nny
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Wasn't there a lot of depression and one suicides over avatar world not being a real place and earth couldn't measure up? Think I read or heard that or possibly dreamed it. Maybe that's why we forgot. The major fans are sitting in bed and haven't come out lately. Maybe pt 2 will be what they need to bring them out if it.
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    I remember seeing Avatar in 3D and being blown away by the visuals, but I can barely remember what the darn thing was about. Maby that's the problem.
  • Options
    kiwijase said:

I remember seeing Avatar in 3D and being blown away by the visuals, but I can barely remember what the darn thing was about. Maby that's the problem.

If you know the story of John Carter, you more or less know the story of Avatar.
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

kiwijase said:

If you know the story of John Carter, you more or less know the story of Avatar.
    And then cross that with Dancing With Wolves.
  • Options

And I want Doom to act and sound like an Eastern European dictator.

Christoph Waltz, please.
    I like the cut of your jib.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    David_D said:

Nope, I kinda forgot it was ever a thing, too, and in fact have yet to ever see it.

Not that I'm going out of my way to avoid seeing it. Nor do I feel like I have to. This is the first time I think I've ever heard or seen someone mention it in a very long time.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030

And I want Doom to act and sound like an Eastern European dictator.

Christoph Waltz, please.
    Oh hell yeah!

• Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I enjoyed Avatar a great deal. The only reason I don't yet own a DVD copy is that I'm waiting until I can afford a 3D TV so that I can watch it properly.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    The Wrap is reporting Michael B. Jordan has had several meetings with Fox for the role of Johnny Storm. Jordan recently worked with Fantastic Four's director, Josh Trank, in last year's Chronicle.

The article says securing the role depends upon whether or not he has chemistry with the other actors who are up for roles.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    There will never be a good FF movie while Fox has the rights to it.
  • Options
    I'm not certain there would ever be a good FF movie in general.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    It is possible to have a good FF movie. It may be a case of catching lightning in a bottle with the writers, director and cast though.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I remember and enjoyed Avatar. You put Sigourney in any kind of sci-fi movie and I will go, and she was good in this one. Not Ripley good, but you can't always catch lightning twice.

It was a good story with amazing visuals. I'll definitely be seeing the sequel.

Now, having said that...two things. It was good. It wasn't the be-all end-all amaze fest people were making it out to be. Also, I'm pissed Cameron is focusing so much attention on Avatar because he has the option to make a Battle Angel Alita (GUNM) movie, and it's likely we'll never see that because of his focus on the blue people (not smurfs).
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I'm convinced that the Alita movie is never going to happen. It's been all talk since Cameron got the rights, show me at least some kind of progress on it whether it be a screenplay or storyboards.