Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

James Robinson/Phillip Tan Masters of the Universe comic from DC

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Thank you!!!!!!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    The creative team earns this the look I might not have given this otherwise.
  • Options
    Phillp Tan wasn't bad on Hawkman, I liked the style of art.

This might be interesting.

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Sold.

He-Man action figures were my biggest childhood obsession and I have a hard time passing up anything new.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I also loved the toys and cartoon growing up. I don't think I have read any of the comics (save for the ones that came with the toys). And I am game to give this a shot, hoping that DC can take a page from IDW's book, and make this better than your average licensed property comic.

From what I have heard about some of Wildstorm/DC's work on video game licenses, they have done that already. So maybe this He-Man can be, like, the IDW G.I. Joe of He-Man. We'll see.
  • Options
    I think this is the perfect book for Phillip Tan to draw. I may actually check this out.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    This was bought the moment I heard about it.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I also loved the toys and cartoon growing up. I don't think I have read any of the comics (save for the ones that came with the toys). And I am game to give this a shot, hoping that DC can take a page from IDW's book, and make this better than your average licensed property comic.
    The comics were always pretty hit and miss, I thought. The few that DC put out were pretty generic fantasy stuff (even with the awkward Superman guest-appearances), and the Marvel books were put out through their Star Comics imprint and very much of the "Hey, here's the latest action figure!" inclination (except for the final two-parter, which was surprisingly awesome parallel world story where Skeletor took over Eternia after Adam gave up being He-Man).

• Options
    Isn't MotU a Hasbro property? Just wondering, because if it is then why didn't they go to IDW?

I'll get the first issuse, probably, but I'd still prefer a MASK comic.