Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mark Waid Daredevil & Agence Byzantine

1) Ok let me make this clear I'm not saying he stole my ideas (that would be ludacris) I'm just saying I no longer have any records in case I wanted to be a jerk and sue Marvel.
2) I really don't think he stole my ideas, but it be getting a little close. Plus Mark Waid is a way better comics creator than I could ever hope to be (because if I were better at it than him you all would be talking about how awesome my books are)
3) I love Mark Waid's Daredevil

Way back before the Mark Waid run was started, I think Mark was already announced as the writer but that was all we knew, we (the cgs forums) were throwing out ideas for for what would be awesome for the next Daredevil series.
My first/best idea was to have the first panel of issue one be: Matt Murdoch waking up and saying "holy crap what a TERRIBLE dream." thus wiping out the entire Diggle Debacle. That didn't pan out.

The other idea I had was to remove Matt Murdoch/Daredevil from the US and have him go to Europe and ultimately end up in Istanbul where he could fight an ancient order of assassins that date back to before the fall of Constantinoble. I thought a new set of bad guys that weren't Hand ninjas (but close enough to make great DD bad guys) would be awesome.

Fast forward to this afternoon when I read Buy Pile over at CBR. Avenging Spiderman #6 is the start of "Omega Effect" in it they introduce (what I think is a brand new group) Agence Byzantine. I've not gotten my copy yet, but the interwebs can suck it because Mark Waid is hopefully "stealing" my idea. Then Marvel broke the old forum right before the Omega Effect release, so I have no proof of the theft. Those tricky bastichs.
Now I'm playing the waiting game for my next month's shipment from DCBS.

Comments