Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Autographs and Signings

I don't think we have a spot for this. I may just be Wizard World-ing the forums with pop culture nonsence but... Are there any pictures with people you were excited to meet that you want to post? I think it would be cool to add when and where, too.

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited September 2014
    I'll start I guess image

Michael Hogan from the reboot of Battlestar Galactica,Wizard World Chicago, 2009. Very friendly chatty guy.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Here's me and some chap named Chris Claremont... :)

• Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited September 2014
    random73 said:

Michael Hogan from the reboot of Battlestar Galactica,Wizard World Chicago, 2009. Very friendly chatty guy.

He was great on that show. Too bad it ended up going all squirrelly.

• Options
    And here's me and Michael Golden with the most expensive commission I've ever had done (but worth every penny!) :)

• Options
    Writer Paul Cornell at Wizard World Chicago 2011image

I stumbled into a panel and didn't know if I was in the right place. I asked this guy what panel this room was for and we talked geek stuff for a sec. Then he got on stage and moderated the panel. *facepalm*. This pic is from later that afternoon.
  • Options
    DC artist Norm Rapmund channeled his inner John Byrne for this Iron Fist sketch at C2E2 2013 image
  • Options
    Goofing with my close personal friend Al. Anderson Books, Naperville, IL 2013 image
  • Options
    Tim Seeley and Mike Norton at Challengers Comics and Conversation in Chicago for Free Comic Book Day a couple years ago. image
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I don't have too many pics with those I've met at signings. Lot of memorable unexpected conversations though.

Mark Hamill on parenting.
    Jeri Ryan on the pitfalls of bending down when wearing a spaghetti strap dress :D
    Kid Kash, Vampiro, and Norman Smiley on Dragonball Z.
    The cast of Dragonball Z on Seinfeld and olympic basketball.
    Hacksaw Jim Duggan on fatherhood.
    Paul Cornell on enjoying comic-cons.
    Art, Franco and my wife on why Crayola are the greatest crayons in the history of forever.
    Steve 'Mongo" McMichael on cooking burgers.
    Aron Eisenberg on rpg's and card games.
    Robert Picardo on putting on a brand new pair of socks.

• Options
    All of these were taken at Wizard World Austin. We don't have very many signings and events down here. The last one was taken during her Slingshot Tour Across America for Girls with Slingshots...

Myself and Lois Lane (in my bigger days...)

Myself and my good friend Tom Nguyen...

Myself and comic master Mark A. Nelson...

Myself and Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs) and his real life father (REAL good dude)...

Myself and the AWESOME Danielle Corsetto...

• Options
    Greg said:

I don't have too many pics with those I've met at signings. Lot of memorable unexpected conversations though.

Jeri Ryan on the pitfalls of bending down when wearing a spaghetti strap dress :D
    Art, Franco and my wife on why Crayola are the greatest crayons in the history of forever.

I get the impression that Cornell spent a chunk of time as a fanboy before becoming a professional.

• Options
    I've met Cornell once and he was a really fun person to talk to and hear stories from. Seek him out if he's ever at a convention you're at.

Also - "Jeri Ryan on the pitfalls of bending down when wearing a spaghetti strap dress" - why you gotta do that to a man, Greg? Why you gotta put that image in my head? :)
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited September 2014
    Torchsong said:

Also - "Jeri Ryan on the pitfalls of bending down when wearing a spaghetti strap dress" - why you gotta do that to a man, Greg? Why you gotta put that image in my head? :)

True story. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Gen Con 1998. Jeri Ryan is there for one day only and only for a few hours. Myself and four of my friends had been in line for a good two hours or more and it was clear that we were not going to meet her.

The line however ended at the exit she was heading for and she was signing for people as she was leaving. Right in front of us was a dad and his daughter who was about six or seven years old. Jeri, bent down to sign the girl's photo. Chaos ensued, as the "ladies" fell out.

The five us, the girl's dad and Jeri's assistant quickly formed a wall around Jeri with our backs turned to her, blocking the army of gawkers and cameras.

My wife and I met Jeri at another con where we held up the line for a good 20 minutes talking about what not wear at a con.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    edited September 2014
    Greg said:

Same with me. I rarely get pics with the celebs I meet. But have pretty decent conversations.

Patricia Tallman-On how she wished more fans knew she did stuff besides B5.
    Timothy Zahn-Horror movies and where to get good local seafood.
    Matt Hardy-Mostly about a mutual friend,who is 45 and finally getting his first real job.
    Mark Henry-How great the hashbrowns at Wafflehouse are.
    Luke Hawx-Why isn't Markie Post on TV anymore.
    Adrian Paul-We talked about how almost no one bought the newest Highlander movie. But instead just downloaded a rip of the Russian release.
  • Options
    Trying to recall the conversations I've had...not too many.

Ethan Van Sciver - right at the very beginning of the GL craze, he gave me props for figuring out there could only be one Orange ring (about a year before Larfleeze ever came along)
    Neal Adams - 10 minute lecture on why everyone should be charging money for autographs. Got angry when I said I'd've paid Marv Wolfman $50 for his. I only paid $10 for Neal. :)
    Rob Liefeld - Seemed happy I had Hawk & Dove for him to sign and I said the female Dove was one of my favorite characters

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Torchsong said:

Trying to recall the conversations I've had...not too many.

Ethan Van Sciver - right at the very beginning of the GL craze, he gave me props for figuring out there could only be one Orange ring (about a year before Larfleeze ever came along)
    Neal Adams - 10 minute lecture on why everyone should be charging money for autographs. Got angry when I said I'd've paid Marv Wolfman $50 for his. I only paid $10 for Neal. :)
    Rob Liefeld - Seemed happy I had Hawk & Dove for him to sign and I said the female Dove was one of my favorite characters

I have always wanted to meet Adams and Liefeld. But I would get Rob to sign some of the Extreme Studios stuff. Or maybe an issue of BSG.