Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

And here's why you shouldn't sell expensive comics on Ebay

A seller gets scammed after he sold a copy of X-Men 1 (the old one not Jim Lee's) on Ebay.

edit: Unless it really was Jim Lee's version.;I'd cancel that payment too. Upon rereading the article it's not a 100% clear which title it is, but there is a picture of the original XMen cover. So I (like the newspaper) am assuming it is the 196x copy. However a double scam would be an awesome reminder not to buy expensive comics on ebay.

Comments

• Options
    Yep should have put it up for consignment on mycomicshop.com or something similar. And what idiot send something like that regular post.
  • Options
    gavigavi Posts: 41
    I agree, send that certified mail at least
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    eBay/PayPal make it way too easy for buyers to retract their payments. I've had customers in Australia, Japan, etc, countries that can sometimes take longer than expected to receive something, attempt to get their money back because their item didn't arrive in exactly 10 days.

I'm surprised that with delivery confirmation, even without signature, PayPal allowed that, though. In every one of my cases, I may have had to wait for the funds to be unfrozen, but at the end of the day that delivery confirmation was all I needed. I make sure to get one on every higher-priced item I sell.
  • Options
    Ebay is all about the buyer.
    Even if you make every attempt to cover your bases, if something goes awry Ebay will almost always side with the buyer.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    i agree. if you are going to sell something that expensive, why do you ship it USPS with delivery confirmation only? that's just asking for trouble. Could have easily been stolen off a front porch. UPS or Fedex with signature required and insurance is the only way i'd ship it.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    ... insurance wouldnt have helped in this case... Signature requirement might have...
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    ... insurance wouldnt have helped in this case... Signature requirement might have...
    yep. just saying that I would buy it. pretty much anything over $150 or so I buy insurance on. too cheap not to.