Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Incredibles 2 (Spoilers-- Seen it? Discuss it here!)

New trailer dropped yesterday. It's my most anticipated film of the year. The sequel to the best superhero team film ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBpdL9hSac4

Comments

• aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    I'm so glad that we didn't get the half dozen direct to DVD sequels.
  • mbatzmbatz Posts: 63
    can't wait for this !! It's opens the same weekend as Heroes Con in Charlotte NC.. I already booked my room :) ready for that 10 hour drive and DEF going to see this with friends that weekend. I love when a genre film opens the same weekend as one of my big con vacations
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    While they’ve been a bit hit or miss the last decade. It appears Pixar is back to form

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/incredibles_2
  • MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    That's good to see.
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    All lined up for a Fathers' Day viewing with my girls. As far as I'm concerned, Incredibles is the greatest super hero film of all time. Fingers crossed 2 can recapture at least some of that lightning in a bottle.
  • mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Hex said:

As far as I'm concerned, Incredibles is the greatest super hero film of all time.

That would be Batman: Mask of the Phantasm :)
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Warning about the film:
    There are some scenes that have some very intense strobe effects. If you suffer from photosensitivity, you might not want to see this in the theater.
  • FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    To quote the kid from the first movie - THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED! I thought it was worth the 14 year wait because it would have just ruined it if they made a bunch of mediocre direct-to-dvd sequels. Even though I knew who the villain was the moment they first appeared, I liked it just as much, if not more, than the first one. My only complaint (besides the noisy kids in the audience) is that weird short they played before the film. I almost got up to make sure I was in the right theater. Hopefully, we won't have to wait another 14 years for a third movie.
  • The_PampThe_Pamp Posts: 11
    Incredibles 2 is pretty great. I actually liked it more than the original. They got very creative with the individual power-sets which was cool to see. Definitely worth seeing.
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    edited June 2018
    The_Pamp said:

Incredibles 2 is pretty great. I actually liked it more than the original.

I've heard this from a few folks. That is high praise, as the original is critically revered. My 12 year old, who for many years regarded Incredibles as her favourite film, said she liked Incredibles 2 more than the original. That is a big win for sure.
    I don't know if I would say it was better, Incredibles 2 definitely does the original justice, and is worth your theatre viewing dollars. Might have had to wait 14 years, but Incredibles 2 didn't skip a beat, and feels as fresh as the original did all those years ago.

Watching it with my kids was the perfect way to cap off a great Father's Day.
    edited June 2018
    I liked it but didn't think it was as good as the original. I felt like the story was simular to the original just with the roles reversed for Bob and Helen.

I wouldn't hold that against it if the writers didn't come out say the reason why it took them so long to make a sequel was they needed the "right" story, and basically the "right" story was the original one with Bob and Helen playing the opposite role.

And I actually didn't like the villain that much in this one, thought Syndrome was a lot better. And the final standoff is pretty lame in this one. They have to stop a runaway boat compared to fighting a giant robot destroying a city.

And I thought Dash was under used in this one.

Helen was awesome in this one, I love just how much control she has over her powers. Seeing Jack Jack's multiple powers come to light was great, I think him fighting the Racoon was the best part of the movie.

Bob's storyline kinda reminded me of a Homer Simpson storyline where Marg looses it and has to go away for awhile and Homer has to watch Maggie.

All in all it's still much better then any FF movie, but I'd say this one was like a 7/10 while the original was perfect imo.
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I saw it and enjoyed it. Enjoyed seeing other supers show up. Villain was a bit predictable. Liked the focus on Elasti-girl and Mr. Incredible staying how this time. But I don't have a strong desire to see it again right away like most super-hero films.
    I'd be all in on a Incredibles Series.