Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

CGS 2016 NFL Thread

Well it only took 3 weeks, but here we go.

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited September 2016
    The division leading 2-1 Falcons have zero defense, but can score a few points. It's going to be a fun and frustrating season.
  • I'm a Giants fan, so Sunday's "repeatedly shoot ourselves in the foot" loss to Washington was giving me 2015 flashbacks.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

The division leading 2-1 Falcons have zero defense, but can score a few points. It's going to be a fun and frustrating season.

Wrong. You have .01 defense.

I think we BOTH know who has no defense this time around. :)
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    I live in Bronco land now but grew up in Ohio and I am still a Bengals fans.

The now 2-2 Bengals seem to be slightly below their recent regular season pace. They still have a chance though for their sixth consecutive (and 7 out of 8 years) wild card round playoff loss.

One day, Coach Marvin Lewis will retire. He will be remembered for 4 things.

1. Being (at least to public knowledge) a decent guy.
    2. Taking a terrible team and making it consistently average.
    3. Suffering one of the most embarrassing playoff losses in NFL history
    4. Never winning anything.

• aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    edited October 2016
    I know this rant is a bit late, but I'm doing it anyway.

Pat Bowlen being passed over as an HoF finalist while Jerry Jones moves forward is pure crap! Bowlen was instrumental in the NFL's TV deals, was the creator of the Franchise Tag, and the Broncos have had more Superbowl appearances than losing seasons during his time as owner.
    Jerry Jones has had bad plastic surgery, hit on very young women in an elevator, and (by all accounts) desperately wanted to draft Johnny Manziel.
    Btw, football in London is stupid.
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I completely forgot there was a game this morning. But bye week for the Packers, hopefully they comeback firing on all cylinders
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    This is two weeks in a row that the NFL games shown on network tv (at least in the Colorado tv market) have not been very entertaining. The college games however have been great.

The Sunday night NFL games especially have been disappointing. Hopefully next week with the Giants vs Packers will be better.
    edited October 2016
    The Falcons are an all offense team. I love it.
    Uh Oh! I smell a quarterback controversy.
    I'm just kidding. It would be best for Lynch if this year he does spot duty and learns the offense. Next year, complete like a honey badger! Then we can talk about a QB controversy.
    mwhitt80 said:

• TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

All credit to the Dirty Birds...and congrats to Julio Jones for a record-setting day yesterday. I'll deny this to any court that'll hear the case, but it'd be nice to see Matty Ice get a Super Bowl ring before he hangs it up.

Again, like Donald Trump, I never said that. :)

Also, Saints finally...FINALLY...win one. :)
    OOf!
    It's been a long time since the Broncos were whooped like that. Well done, Birds.
    Woooo!
    Good day for me.