Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

DC Superhero Girls

Is anyone else getting these toys? My daughter (and I) love them. I can't wait for the next wave. The web series is fun too.

Comments

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    My daughter (10 years old) doesn’t like the designs and has no interest in them.

But in case you haven't heard, the big Lego promo at NYCC this past weekend was for a DC Superhero Girl line done in the Friends/Elves style. The sets they had on display looked pretty good.
  • I saw, really want one of the batgirl figures. My little girl (almost 2) is a bit young for the lego...but I'm not :smiley:
    edited October 2016
    The great thing about having young kids is that you can always justify buying stuff like that “for later”. (Not that it’s stopped me now that my kids are getting older.)
  • True. I'm using Kara's birthday as an excuse to have a DC superhero girls party :wink:
    Cool. With my son, from his 4th birthday on through the time he started getting a little too old for that sort of thing, it was Godzilla. My wife has made cakes in the shapes of just about every kaiju you can name. My daughter is currently obsessed with Steven Universe, so I'm sure there will be a SU-themed cake next month.
  • Nice. I doubt I'll have time to bake anything fancy.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I've seen some of the toys, which look great. Our oldest (6) is definitely intrigued by them, as well as I think they had a FCBD comic, and I showed her some of the online videos. Hopefully the plan is to eventually have a TV series. I know that a lot of the entertainment that our girls get to see is driven by what is on the DVR. So I tend to not remember to show them things like Internet content. But if it is something I can set the DVR for and stockpile for a rainy day, then it's in!
  • There's a DVD film which is really good and there was a special on CN so hopefully it'll be picked up for a proper series. It's good because the voices of the teen titans are their characters in it too and I love beast boy and cyborg in teen titans.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    They had me at the Lego sets. I've read (and enjoyed) the first graphic novel they put out. And of course, because it's Supergirl I picked up the "action figure" (it's not a doll it's not a doll it's not a doll :) ).

But yeah, the Lego sets are bought when they come out. Fortunately, I have a niece I can use as a front. :)
  • The lego sets have left me torn because I hate the friends range and style of figures but I really want to support superhero girls. So we'll probably end up buying them
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

The lego sets have left me torn because I hate the friends range and style of figures but I really want to support superhero girls. So we'll probably end up buying them

Not a huge fan of the Friends line, but the Elves line (same figure style and all) is great. That won me over to the "new style" of figure they were trying to create.

Fun story. I was in the Lego store and looking at one of the Elves castle sets. This little girl behind me pipes up "That's for girls!"

Her father was behind her so I didn't want to get into a round-table debate about how toys can be for anyone. Sufficiently shamed, I put the set back. :)

The lego sets have left me torn because I hate the friends range and style of figures but I really want to support superhero girls. So we'll probably end up buying them

My daughter won't touch the Friends/Elves sets. Not even to get the Brave set they did a while back. I don’t expect her to want the Superhero Girls line either. The only way I'll be able to get away with buying a set is to replace the minifigs with traditional minifigs.