Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1640 Talkback - February 2017 Previews

There's no need to fear - Previews time is here! Join us as we go through the February 2017 catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in April. (1:12:02)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    For future reference, @wildpigcomics, Guice rhymes with mice. The “u” is silent.
  • Options
    @Pants, you cosplayed as Underdog!?! Many years ago I went to a Halloween party as Underdog! Great minds think alike, my friend.
  • Options

For future reference, @wildpigcomics, Guice rhymes with mice. The “u” is silent.

Or, to borrow from the very under-rated 1980's comedy "Real Genius" ...

• Options
    Still hasn't hit my android podcast feed ...
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Mine either, @Pants
  • Options
    mbatzmbatz Posts: 63
    That Buffy high school years is indeed an OGN and actually the third release of this series. I really enjoyed the previous 2, they are roughly 80 pages and a nice contrast to the ongoing seasons, which are now three issues into season 11! Season 10 really ended well and 11 (which will be only 12 issues) is off to a great start!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

Ditto.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Corduroy? I love that!

Chino, Docker, Drawstring, Cargo, Khaki, Slim-fit. The possibilities are endless.
  • Options
    @brydeemer @Adam_Murdough several people have had issues with the podcasts not showing up in their feeds for the last 3-4 episodes. Just wanted to bring that to your attention.

Still not in mine either.

Thanks.
  • Options
    No sign of the episode on my feed either.
  • Options
    I've got nothing still.
  • Options
    Although I haven't listened to the episode yet, I did go through Previews...and found it one of the most boring offerings I can remember in awhile. My order came to a mere $12. Just not that much out there to get excited about. Oh, and with all of those "Rebirth Overstock" offerings clogging up the DCBS listings, it was quite a slog this month. Looks like my brief return to buying new comics is rapidly coming to an end.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Although I haven't listened to the episode yet, I did go through Previews...and found it one of the most boring offerings I can remember in awhile.

There's another thread that I start at the end of each month as the new comic solicits begin to be posted online. It can be found here. Many of us will mention titles that have caught our interest. Maybe it will generate some interest with you @Mark_Engblom . Maybe not.
  • Options
    The episode just appeared in my feed. Thanks! Will listen this weekend.
  • Options
    The episode finally showed up on my feed. Thanks for mentioning DC's "The Button" storyline running through the Batman and Flash titles. Completely overlooked it during my original ordering pass. Hopefully the storyline will have a big pay-off and not just more beating around the bushes or carrot-on-a-stick teasing.

Speaking of DC, their "Last Days of the JSA" collection makes me wonder if they are, indeed, laying the groundwork for a big return of comics' original super-team. I keep seeing hints in various comics and rumors here and there...but nothing definite yet.

Anyway, thanks for another episode. Here's hoping for another "Top Five" episode soon. It's been a long time since you guys have done one of those...and they are often some of the best episodes.
  • Options

And so, until Pants becomes Culottes, Make Mine CGS!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked that.
  • Options

Christopher, I have a bone to pick with you (even while giving you endless credit for uttering the spectacular "Corduroy" line!). You keep leaving the Previews episodes early. This is unacceptable! Your humor, insight, perspective, enthusiasm, melodramatic readings, rants, and frequent cackles make your departure palpable and irreplaceable. Pretty please with, to quote Rogue, sugah on top, please find a way to stick around for the entire catalog. Your fans need you! And so, until Pants becomes Culottes, Make Mine CGS!!

MarvelMan! Many thanks for the kind words! Alas, depending on which night of the week we record, I sometime have to depart early to pick up one of my kids or attend to other family obligations. The past few Previews recordings have fallen on such nights. Rest assured, I certainly enjoy riding the Previews wave to the end (the back of the catalog is such a goofy hoot after all), and will make every effort to do so in the future as long as my schedule allows it. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Or, there are also those other occasions where, due to his advanced age and what-not, @wildpigcomics has to leave due to his need to use the "water closet"!! :-)
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552

Or, there are also those other occasions where, due to his advanced age and what-not, @wildpigcomics has to leave due to his need to use the "water closet"!! :-)

Been there, done that.