Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Top Fives?

Hey guys....I'd love to hear some more Top 5 episodes! They are some of my favorite episodes, mainly because of the lively discussion they generate amongst the Geeks. The last one ("Top 5 Underappreciated Creators") was way back on Nov. 6, so hopefully you can fit one (or two, or three) into the mix over the next couple of months. One a month would be a good goal to shoot for. In fact, I think I'd rather have a monthly Top 5 episode than a monthly Previews episode (since those tend to kind of drag...sorry).

I don't have any specific themes for new Top 5's, but maybe some fellow fans can post some here...

Comments

• Options
    I don't have any specific themes, but agree on the Previews episodes. I don't even bother to listen to them anymore.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I see Previews Episodes as a public service, especially for those wanting to learn about upcoming new books or indie titles they may not be aware of. I actually never listen to World of Toys, MOHOTMU, Crisis Tapes, or any Uncle Sal-centric or comic convention episodes. You certainly don't have to listen to every episode they produce, that is for sure.

Having said that, I do enjoy the Top 5 episodes, Comic Talk, Off the Rack, movie reviews, the occasional Time Bubbles, and the Spotlights. I'm sure the geeks welcome your feedback on them all - positive or negative.

YMMV
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508

Hey guys....I'd love to hear some more Top 5 episodes! They are some of my favorite episodes, mainly because of the lively discussion they generate amongst the Geeks. The last one ("Top 5 Underappreciated Creators") was way back on Nov. 6, so hopefully you can fit one (or two, or three) into the mix over the next couple of months. One a month would be a good goal to shoot for. In fact, I think I'd rather have a monthly Top 5 episode than a monthly Previews episode (since those tend to kind of drag...sorry).

I don't have any specific themes for new Top 5's, but maybe some fellow fans can post some here...

Well, as @bralinator said, the Previews episodes are like a service to the fans who do buy monthly and don't want to miss anything new or miss stuff they might have missed if they don't get the catalogue or even if they do get it. And we also get to hear what the geeks are interested in, what DCBS discounts are offered and what "friends of the show" professional creators might be doing currently. Plus, it's really difficult to think of a top Five that wouldn't be mundane or that wouldn't have been done already. Speaking of which, has there been a Top Five Female Character episode? That might be interesting. Also, if you're really starving for Top Fives you can go through the old episodes and find them if you haven't already. In fact, I should take my own advice and look to see what has been done already.
  • Options
    KeeganKeegan Posts: 21
    I look forward to the Previews episodes. I like to hear other people's opinions on what is coming up. Thank you for them!