Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1643 Talkback - The CGS Best of 2016 Awards Results Show

Tonight's the night! Elbow your way past the paparazzi and take your seats for the big reveal of the winners of the CGS 'Best of 2016' Awards, as chosen by YOU, the listeners! (All envelopes guaranteed to contain the correct names!) (56:50)

Listen here.

Comments

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    And Marvel walks away the big winner. I was hoping for (but not expecting) a bit stronger indie presence, but it is what it is.

@Pants, D.R. & Quinch is a ton of fun. I'm sure you'll be laughing out loud.

SPOILERS:

Congrats to The Vision for winning Best Sleeper/Surprise Hit two years in a row! It’s a nice follow-up to Tom’s back-to-back wins for Breakthrough Talent of 2014 and 2015. :smiley:

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but Jeff Lemire did not write and draw anything published in 2016. He wrote a lot of books, and he drew a couple, along with a few covers, but when I think writer/artist, I think of someone doing both on a single project. Now, he will be writing and drawing a graphic novel and an ongoing (or maybe it's a mini) series this year, so I expect him to be in consideration next year this time.
  • PantsPants Posts: 567

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but Jeff Lemire did not write and draw anything published in 2016. He wrote a lot of books, and he drew a couple, along with a few covers, but when I think writer/artist, I think of someone doing both on a single project.

I brought that up during the recording, but it was taking too long to research and I ultimately cut that bit out of the episode. Thanks as always for your input Eric.
    Pants said:

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but Jeff Lemire did not write and draw anything published in 2016. He wrote a lot of books, and he drew a couple, along with a few covers, but when I think writer/artist, I think of someone doing both on a single project.

I brought that up during the recording, but it was taking too long to research and I ultimately cut that bit out of the episode. Thanks as always for your input Eric.
    And thank you for a fun show, Brian. I laughed, I cried! It was better than Cats!
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    Looks like I picked the wrong decade to not care for Jason Aaron as a writer.
  • CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    edited March 2017
    Congratulations to all the winners.

And thanks for the plug, Adam.
    A shorter link to my podcast page is
    www.megacitybookclub.com
    Cheers
  • MEDuellMEDuell Posts: 3
    I got as far as the first two categories and had to bag the episode. To award Marvel anything for 2016, particularly anything to do with Nick Spencer, is not worth me throwing my iPod against the wall.
    Speaking of writer/artist Jeff Lemire, Royal City #1 came out this week, and it's excellent.
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Good award show! Nice job, Adam! Nice to hear some of the love being shared and Pants' choices getting a lot of notice. And congrats to the Benson sisters!
  • neilzaneilza Posts: 12
    Clearly, this show just proves that Pants knows his comic books. Great stuff Adam, thoroughly entertaining listen