Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1645 - 3D Printing Game Scenery

I'm back boys and girls. I'm really into gaming lately, so I've taken some time to interview a very creative guy about his current kickstarter: Rampage Castle https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printablescenery/time-warp-rampage-castle-europe-and-the-americas?ref=user_menu

Comments

• Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    And you can watch and listen to Episode 1645 here.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Pants said:

Bryan is a bit rusty I see. Nice recovery, Brian!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216

Pants said:

It's so true! I couldn't remember how to do anything or what the passwords were.

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    brydeemer said:

Pants said:

It's so true! I couldn't remember how to do anything or what the passwords were.

Glad to hear you again though.

Younger me would have been all over this. But it's been years (decades really :( ) since I had time for RPGs. I'm a little jealous. My son just played his first RPG a couple of weeks ago, and he also loves the 3-D architecture puzzles, so I'm going to make sure he sees this.
  • Options

Younger me would have been all over this. But it's been years (decades really :( ) since I had time for RPGs. I'm a little jealous. My son just played his first RPG a couple of weeks ago, and he also loves the 3-D architecture puzzles, so I'm going to make sure he sees this.

It's so much fun, Eric. If you get your son set up, you'll find yourself participating. Designing layouts, watching the printer, painting the tiles. Even if you don't have time to join his game, you're sure to work on some stuff together.

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited March 2017
    $54,000 reached of a $346 goal! My kid is in a design class at school and they are working with 3D printers this year. I have to show him this. Is this something you can do with a $200-300 printer?

Update: I check the FAQ on the Kickstarter page and they said anyone would do but suggested one brand called Prusa.
  • Options
    I have a MonoPrice Select Mini which sells for $200. I have printed tons of their stuff with my printer and have had no problems at all. It's a perfect starter printer.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I am SO not into RPG or building realistic-looking game board stuff, yet I found this interesting. Well, probably because of the passion of both Bryan Deemer and the interviewee Matt. I almost felt like diving into it all, but (un)fortunately I have so much else to do (or read, or listen to, or watch).
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    @brydeemer - It was awesome to hear you again. Are you still painting miniatures? I saw you post some Age of Sigmar stuff a while back on facebook.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Greg said:

@brydeemer - It was awesome to hear you again. Are you still painting miniatures? I saw you post some Age of Sigmar stuff a while back on facebook.

I sure am. I just finished this guy last night:

BryanDeemer-Ogroid - 1

BryanDeemer-Ogroid - 3
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    brydeemer said:

Greg said:

I sure am. I just finished this guy last night:

BryanDeemer-Ogroid - 1

BryanDeemer-Ogroid - 3
    Exquisite @brydeemer !!