Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1644 Talkback - March 2017 Previews and a discussion of 'Logan'

Previews! We go through the March 2017 catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in May and afterwards have a brief discussion on the 'Logan' movie. (1:27:09)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    BryanBryan Posts: 208
    FYI - the Serenity book from Dark Horse mentioned by Chris early in the episode is a collected edition of a recent mini-series, not really a new graphic novel. Not that this makes much difference if you hadn't been reading the single issues.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    @wildpigcomics, you were pretty close on pronouncing Georges Jeanty. It’s JORE-jess jee-AN-tee.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited March 2017

@wildpigcomics, you were pretty close on pronouncing Georges Jeanty. It’s JORE-jess jee-AN-tee.

Like Marty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQffpK2sCsA
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    The Logan talk was a bit short. The movie deserved more time. Meg has only seen First Class in the X-franchise & she really enjoyed it. She cried & told me she was surprised how emotionally involved she got coming in essentially with no back story.

In fact, she thought Stewart was cast to play an older Xavier until I told her McAvoy was cast as a younger Charles.

M
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Happy Anniversary Guys! And a happy start to the 13th...
    ...and welcome to the DCBS Club, Chris! (One of Us...one of us...)
    Nice picks for the OTR: The BUG! Secret Empire #1 (and let's hope it doesn't run late or add other issues)! ...but I'm not getting the James Bond. Sorry. I haven't been impressed with the regular issues having stopped after number 5.
    Yeah, that Kirby FF artist edition: So tempting! (...but the price!) and I have no space!
    ...but hey, you got me to buy another issue of Saga (can't lose for 25 cents!)
    No Silver Surfer!?! Ah, maybe because of the BUG issue?
    "Wait a minute, Oshkosh!" LOL! (Good job on finding that Billie Holiday, Pants!)
    Murd!: Farlaine the Goblin! Thanks for the heads-up! Looks interesting.
    Logan- Wow, Pants: I have to commend you on avoiding trailers and commercials. Even here in Japan, I've seen stuff at theaters and on TV. I haven't seen the movie yet, but after you guys' review, it's a must see!
  • Options
    @wildpigcomics : I forgot to ask this is my earlier post: So, since you stopped your orders from Diamond, will you also be using DCBS to order comics for your regulars (who I assume continue to buy comics at your shop) or will they all just shift to DCBS also? Just curious...
    @Adam_Murdough : is there another Time Bubble episode in the pipe?
    @Pants Your order is down to $40 a month. So what are you reading at DC beside Batgirl and the Birds of Prey? (I can guess many of the other comics on your monthly order - Silver Surfer, Daredevil, Motor Girl, some Dr. Who?)
    @ShaneKelly "Shane! Come back, Shane! Shane!" (I'm trying to adopt western themes as the movie Logan did)
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    alienal said:

@Pants Your order is down to $40 a month. So what are you reading at DC beside Batgirl and the Birds of Prey? (I can guess many of the other comics on your monthly order - Silver Surfer, Daredevil, Motor Girl, some Dr. Who?)

Batwoman and Flash.

• Options
    "alienal">@wildpigcomics : I forgot to ask this is my earlier post: So, since you stopped your orders from Diamond, will you also be using DCBS to order comics for your regulars (who I assume continue to buy comics at your shop) or will they all just shift to DCBS also? Just curious...

alienal, I am closing down my Diamond account and getting out of the new comic aspect of the business completely. I have told my customers that DCBS is their best bet.

• Options

"alienal">@wildpigcomics : I forgot to ask this is my earlier post: So, since you stopped your orders from Diamond, will you also be using DCBS to order comics for your regulars (who I assume continue to buy comics at your shop) or will they all just shift to DCBS also? Just curious...

alienal, I am closing down my Diamond account and getting out of the new comic aspect of the business completely. I have told my customers that DCBS is their best bet.

Ah, I see. Thanks for your answer. I was unclear about that.
  • Options
    Pants said:

alienal said:

Batwoman and Flash.

Oh, Batwoman! How could I forget that? And as was said before "That Steve Epting artwork! Amazing!" Flash: I'm liking the story and slowly getting used to the artwork. Thanks for your reply.