Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Another Marvel Crossover Event.....Secret Empire

I just read about the "Secret Empire" crossover coming out sometime this year. I anyone else EXTREMELY tired of the large crossover stories? Civil War 2 pretty much killed the huge event thing for me. I have been reading the Steve Rogers title form the beginning and have enjoyed it. Will I be missing out if I skip Secret Empire? Wait for the trade?

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    This will be interesting. The head of the previous secret empire was Nixon. The bigger question is would Marvel go there in today's climate?
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited February 2017
    If you have been enjoying the Steve Rogers book, and you skip this completely, then you probably will be missing out. This event will "probably" wrap up the Rogers book and somehow Cap will become dehydrated and return to whatever normal now is in the Marvel Universe with a new #1 issue.

I say just wait for the trade though. Marvel events of recent have had late issues, extra issues, and the universe moving on to new things even before the event is finished. Just wait and see if this is worth your money first.
  • BrettBrett Posts: 10
    I agree with Capt Shazam. Your best bet is to wait for the trade, if only to avoid having to wait out the inevitable delays which will hit the monthly issues.
    And mwhitt80 I very much doubt Marvel will have the current commander in chief as Number One, especially if Perlmutter ends up on his Cabinet team !!
  • popestupopestu Posts: 782
    But will there be time travel (cosmic cube style) to the 70s and Nixon and Nazi Smasher Cap really is Steve.
    popestu said:

But will there be time travel (cosmic cube style) to the 70s and Nixon and Nazi Smasher Cap really is Steve.

Commie, not Nazi
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited May 2017

If you have been enjoying the Steve Rogers book, and you skip this completely, then you probably will be missing out. This event will "probably" wrap up the Rogers book and somehow Cap will become dehydrated and return to whatever normal now is in the Marvel Universe with a new #1 issue.

I say just wait for the trade though. Marvel events of recent have had late issues, extra issues, and the universe moving on to new things even before the event is finished. Just wait and see if this is worth your money first.

You didn't get enough credit for "dehydrated", @CaptShazam

dehydrated...ha!
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited May 2017

If somehow somebody at Marvel has a sense of humor and gives one of the issues a "Captain America - dehydrated!" title, I will be very happy. If this event occurred in the Silver Age, It would have been a sure thing.

I got the dehydrated and extra issue part right. Now I am waiting for the late issue announcement. From what I hear though, this series is far better than I imagined it would be. Still waiting for the trade though.
  • BrackBrack Posts: 868

If somehow somebody at Marvel has a sense of humor and gives one of the issues a "Captain America - dehydrated!" title, I will be very happy. If this event occurred in the Silver Age, It would have been a sure thing.

I got the dehydrated and extra issue part right. Now I am waiting for the late issue announcement. From what I hear though, this series is far better than I imagined it would be. Still waiting for the trade though.
    If there's a late issue, it'll be down to editorial and rewrites. They're alternating artists to avoid lateness, but the end of issue 2 is drawn by a completely different artist to the rest of the issue, looks rushed and makes no sense in the context of what they explain earlier in the issue. Which, combined with the extra issue, suggests that at some point after the event started, plans changed.