Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1651 Talkback - May 2017 Previews

Time again for Previews. We go through the May 2017 catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in July. (1:10:32)

Listen here.

Comments

• matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited May 2017
    Abundant alliterations are always applauded and appreciated Adam! @Adam_Murdough @pants
  • Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 343
    Someone's smoke alarm battery needs changing.
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    Chris stayed until the end! He didn't leave to go pick up his kids or something, maybe he finally likes us better!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Chris stayed until the end! He didn't leave to go pick up his kids or something, maybe he finally likes us better!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I noticed this too! Also, was glad to hear a few picks I had overlooked. Thanks guys.
  • Chris! You've NEVER seen 'Robotech'??? Rectify this, ASAP, my good man. Elements of 'Star Wars', 'Star Blazers', 'Transformers', 'Battlestar Galactica', etc. all rolled into one ginormous ball of anime awesomeness. Highest recommendation. Magniconte!
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    I have to second Murd's endorsement of "The End League." What a phenomenal read that was.

• I really enjoy the previews podcasts, but do you ever cover all the books you're ordering? I've listened to a ton of your podcasts, so I have somewhat of an idea what you pick up monthly. For example, I know Pants gets Silver Surfer and the Mighty Thor each month from Marvel, but what else? Just once it would be great to hear a complete list of what you're ordering for the month, and not just the things that catch your eye for the month.

I recently (about 3 months ago) got back into comics after a 22 year break. Interestingly enough I first got into comics in 1990 or so when Thanos Quest and the Infinity Gauntlet came out. Not that I have to follow you, but for someone who is getting back in, or getting into comics for the first time a list of recommended monthly books might be nice. Your podcast has helped me out a lot and I really appreciate it.
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    edited May 2017
    Just listened! I do agree with @woodchuck78 's query: I would like to know exactly what you guys are getting monthly. In addition to Silver Surfer and Mighty Thor, I think Pants is still getting Batwoman, Batgirl and the Birds of Prey, and probably Motor Girl. As for Murd and Chris: Gosh that would be difficult to guess since Chris follows so many writers and Murd's choices are rather eclectic. But just from this episode I'd say Chris is getting Lazarus X+66, Mighty Thor, Saga, Aquaman, Motor Girl, and probably a lot more. Murd's probably getting a mix of Marvel and DC, Motor Girl plus My Little Pony and some others. Notice the common title there? Oh, Pants thanks for that spoiler warning for the Motor Girl solicit. I almost looked at it as you guys were talking about it, but I stopped myself at the last minute. Anyway, thanks for the episode! Due to @Adam_Murdough , I added Astonishing X-Men #1 (it's only 3.99 AND it's Jim Cheung!) and that Spider-man one-shot with the Amazing Spider-man #2 reprint.

Edit: Oops! Astonishing X-Men #1 is 4.99, I mis-read with my old eyes.