Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1654 Talkback - Impromptu Comic Talk

When you can't get it all together... improvise! That's what we did to produce this episode, and the result is a succinct but savory sampler of subjects, a bit of bonus comic talk to help you through your mid-week. Topics include the return of Twin Peaks, the Walking Dead comic, DC's 'The Lazarus Contract' crossover, Chris's thoughts on 'The Button,' and more! (51:22)

Listen here.

Comments

• matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited May 2017
    Hey guys. Just to let you know on my podcast app I got an old episode instead of this one. It was 1564 instead of 1654. It had the title and description right but the file is wrong. It was a nice episode though with an appearance by Peter! @Pants @Adam_Murdough
  • PantsPants Posts: 567
    It should be fixed now.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited May 2017
    Huge CGS continuity point answered!
    We find out what caused the walking dead jump the shark moment.

Spoiler: it wasn't the tiger. I was sure it was the tiger.
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781
    I am ridiculously curious what fell through. Perhaps an appearance by Peter "The Rios" Rios?
  • PantsPants Posts: 567

I am ridiculously curious what fell through. Perhaps an appearance by Peter "The Rios" Rios?

It was an interview which has been rescheduled. Look for it very soon.

• i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 781
    Pants said:

It was an interview which has been rescheduled. Look for it very soon.

Willdo, Trousers!
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    So basically, the split second anyone sends in a new Muddle the Murd, Pants has to put it into play - simply so he can continue saying "penultimate" a lot
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited May 2017
    Am I the only one not seeing the episode? I'm on android and the latest episode on the app I use is 1653.

Edit: Works now :)
  • Impromptu episodes are the best kind of episodes.

Well done.
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Agreed! Very well done for an Impromptu episode. I even liked the "easter egg" thrown in at the end of how the episode was named. As for Twin Peaks: I haven't been able to find a place to watch it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I've even started re-watching the old ones. As for Walking Dead: hmm, it's funny what gets us to drop a comic. New directions, creative team changes, price changes, costume changes, "that's not MY (insert character name)!", and Chris's reason is just one more: unappealing plotlines. It was good to finally hear the reason he dropped it though. I hope Shane wasn't listening and hadn't read that particular issue yet. LOL! Lazarus Contract: Eh, I was entertained by the story, but overall though it was so-so. Also, it was kinda hard for me to deal with Starfire and Beast Boy being on different teams than Donna Troy, Nightwing etc. I could easily envision them all (except maybe Damien) being on a team together, plus Cyborg! Ah, my deeply ingrained Wolfman/Perez nostalgia kicked in, I guess. Nice to hear Pants reading list, even though he might not be caught up on all of them. Selling comics: I seem to remember Danielle and the others volunteering to help get Pants' comic collection in order. C'mon, Pants "(Someone's knockin' at the door), Let 'Em in!)" Hey, well at least your box list is organized, mine isn't at all.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    alienal said:

Nice to hear Pants reading list, even though he might not be caught up on all of them. Selling comics: I seem to remember Danielle and the others volunteering to help get Pants' comic collection in order. C'mon, Pants "(Someone's knockin' at the door), Let 'Em in!)" Hey, well at least your box list is organized, mine isn't at all.

This classic from all the way back to 1976 goes out to @pants from @alienal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re61B8sKQWk