Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Crazy prices on digital trades on Amazon-Comixology-Kindle (Amazon Sale) - Digital Bin-diving!

So Amazon owns Comixology right? Well it seems like there is a difference in pricing for comic trades via Amazon versus Comixology.

This week on Monday I bought Planet Hulk on sale for $7.99. Woo-hoo! I thought I had a great deal for a digital version. Well fast forward to Wednesday and I see it for $2.99 on Amazon/Kindle! Yes $2.99! I contacted Comixology customer service and they wrote the following:

Hi there, John.

We are a separate store than the Kindle store so prices can vary. Due to the nature of our store all sales are final and we don't generally offer refunds or exchanges. However, as a one time exception we've refunded the difference.

Best Regards,
Jose

So they refunded my $5 and today Planet Hulk is $5 on Amazon and on Comixology today it's $24.99. And you can read both on Comixology. When you buy off Amazon look for the buy now and read on Comixology symbol on the Amazon page for the book.

Another example is Infinity Gauntlet is $10.99 on Comixology and $2.20 on Amazon and it says you can read it on Comixology.

Night Nurse $7.99 on Comixology and $1.60 on Amazon and can be read on Comixology. Yes, Night Nurse.

Warlock by Jim Starlin $14.99 on Comixology and on Amazon it's $3.00! THREE DOLLARS! I just got the paper trade so I might get this too.

I also saw like the first six volumes of Exiles ranging from $2-3 per trade. I can replace my floppies for like $20.

So my bottomline is that if you see some collections you want on Comixology and even if it's on sale go to Amazon and check the price there. You might save yourself a few bucks. I saw nothing that indicated these were sale prices but maybe I will go back and check in a month. With Marvel Unlimited and now Marvel on Comixology Unlimited maybe digital trades will keep dropping?

Maybe you guys can take a look for some trades you have been thinking about getting digitally and posts the difference in prices here. Once I get my bills paid this weekend I am going to hit this hard.

FYI @brydeemer

Comments