Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    DAR said:

I think I might check out GLOW this weekend.

We watched episode 1 today. Allison Brie looks nice.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Finished GLOW. I liked it very much
  • Options
    popestupopestu Posts: 782
    The wife and I started The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt S3. It continues to be on point.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    The wife and I finished the new season of Orange is the New Black, finished season 12 of Supernatural and as we wait for new episodes of Game of Thrones to get here we started Burn Notice. My wife did not know that Bruce Campbell was in the series. that's all it took to get her hooked.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Rewatching Robotech on Prime. I'd give all the Protoculture in the universe to watch them load Minmei into a gunpod and fire her into the sun.
  • Options
    Agents of Shield season 4 - best season yet, by far.

Castlevania (Netflix) - this was pretty good. I wish we would have gotten more monster killing, but it was a good start and am ready for the next episodes.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Stranger Things Season 2

https://youtu.be/vgS2L7WPIO4

Coming October 27
  • Options
    Looks good but I'm worried it won't live up to the hype
  • Options
    Be hard to top Season One, perhaps impossible, but it should still be better than 99% of everything else that is available.
  • Options
    Season 2 of Last Chance U dropped this weekend. Need to add that one
  • Options
    DAR said:

I'm watching those right now. Buddy, the colleg,e and his family must have been pretty embarrassed with he came off in season 1 because he really cleaned up his on camera demeanor.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Watching Seven Deadly Sins at the moment. Pretty fun stuff in the most part.
  • Options
    How is 7 deadly sins?
    I don't know anything about it.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    mwhitt80 said:

How is 7 deadly sins?
    I don't know anything about it.

Apparently it's also a manga (although I've never read it). Essentially it's based in an Ancient Britain which is ruled by a King under the influence of the evil Holy Knights. It follows the Sins who try to liberate the kingdom from these Holy Knights. A lot of magic and a funny talking pig. It's a good bit of fun. Worth a try.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    Wanting to familiarize myself with the works of Jodie Whittaker on account the BBC recently revealed she's to play the 13th Doctor when Chris Chibnall takes over as showrunner in 2018, I marathoned the first two seasons of Broadchurch (also produced by Chris Chibnall) via Netflix and streamed the first five episodes of the third season via my cable service's on-demand feature. My initial impression of her is that she's a fantastic actress, and a great choice to play the 13th Doctor. I said I marathoned Broadchurch, for it's an easy series to marathon. Each season is only 8 episodes. The first season is a murder/mystery, but instead of being a series of self-contained stories, the revelation as to who the killer is unfolds over the course of eight episodes. The second season is devoted to the killer's trial. Broadchurch differs from most murder/mysteries in that because so much screen time is devoted to one case, the show has time to examine the emotional strain such an event can have on all parties involved. Good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOnus6OvViM
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

DAR said:

I'm watching those right now. Buddy, the colleg,e and his family must have been pretty embarrassed with he came off in season 1 because he really cleaned up his on camera demeanor.

By the end he was back to the old foul mouth Buddy. I also came to the conclusion he's not a good guy.

Watched the first two episodes of Ozark, pretty good
  • Options
    The Oscar-nominated film 'Lion' (2016) is one of the best films I've seen in years. Very powerful and moving story about international adoption. Highly recommended.

https://youtu.be/ziOLGzKq6oo

You'll want to leave the subtitles on for the first half-hour or so, unless you are fluent in Hindi.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    DAR said:

mwhitt80 said:

DAR said:

By the end he was back to the old foul mouth Buddy. I also came to the conclusion he's not a good guy.

I'm a little less than half of the way through, and Buddy is turning back into Buddy.
    He tried for a day or two; if he stayed with the push up for foul mouthed tirades he'd be in shape and have cleaned up his language.
  • Options
    Found this on Hulu but Doomed about the Fantastic Four film they made in the 90's. Pretty good
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I watched Batman & Bill last night, the documentary on getting Bill Finger the co-creator credit. Overall I thought it was pretty good, though I did have some quibbles with how some of the story was presented, and there were a few minor oversights. Still, it was a good effort and definitely worth watching.
  • Options

I watched Batman & Bill last night, the documentary on getting Bill Finger the co-creator credit. Overall I thought it was pretty good, though I did have some quibbles with how some of the story was presented, and there were a few minor oversights. Still, it was a good effort and definitely worth watching.

On Netflix, Eric?
  • Options

On Netflix, Eric?
    Hulu only, I think.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

On Netflix, Eric?
    It's on Hulu.

Been watching Dr. Who I'm almost caught up to where I quit last time.... A few episodes into the first season of Tenant.
    I need to power rank the kids I've been watching.
  • Options
    I just got finished watching The Big Short on Netflix. Fantastic movie. Pitch perfect in tone, pacing, and humor to keep the subject matter interesting and engaging.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited August 2017
    Was sad to see the new Voltron season only had 7 episodes, but if it means we get smaller batches more frequently, I'm for it.
  • Options
    Decided to watch the first few episodes of Rick and Morty on Hulu. I don't really get it
  • Options
    DAR said:

Decided to watch the first few episodes of Rick and Morty on Hulu. I don't really get it

Did you make it to episode #6, “Rick Potion #9”? I didn’t really care for the show much either, but the ending of that episode hooked me. And there are a few duds here and there, but there are also a few episodes that are amazingly brilliant.
  • Options
    DAR said:

To each their own. I love this show and think it is (for the most part) insanely brilliant.
  • Options
    I'll certainly give it a few more episodes but so far it's not clicking
  • Options
    I'll admit that Rick and Morty is a bit out there, probably not everyone's cup of tea. The Rick's Must be Crazy is a favorite of mine (season 2, episode 6).