Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1659 Talkback - Comic Talk

A little bit of comic talk, a little bit of con talk, a little bit of TV talk, and a LOT of passionate outbursts from Pants! It's an eclectic, enthusiastic installment of Comic Geek Speak in a classic vein. Enjoy! (1:16:49)

Listen here.

Comments

• matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited July 2017
    Yay!!! Comic Tawwwwwk!!!
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Sorry, @Pants, I wasn't able to record the Modern Masters panel. I found someone with the cable I needed, but of course he had a panel he was moderating and recording at the exact same time as my panel. I'll be better prepared next time. It was good to see you again at any rate.
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Any Pants is good Pants, post-con Pants is great Pants!
  • BrackBrack Posts: 868
    I've been listening to the audiobook of Mark Frost's The Secret History of Twin Peaks this past week, and while it won't necessary explain what happens in episode 8, it does add more context. And likewise, episode 8 adds some context to events in the book.

• BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    Brack said:

I've been listening to the audiobook of Mark Frost's The Secret History of Twin Peaks...

GAH, it never dawned on me there'd be an audiobook of that! I got the (thick) tome from my library and paged through it, highly impressed but also daunted at how f--king long and detailed it is. I am loving TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN.

Also, I'm so bummed that I live on the west coast and couldn't make it to Murd's show. Sounds like it was wonderful. Congrats, @Adam_Murdough!
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    edited July 2017
    Haha, Pants! You're hilarious! So, @Pants what's the deal with you not being able to sleep on planes? If you're afraid of sleeping pills, you can take a melatonin which are supposedly "natural" and so far the only negative about them (for me) is grogginess after you wake up.
  • PantsPants Posts: 567
    alienal said:

Haha, Pants! You're hilarious! So, @Pants what's the deal with you not being able to sleep on planes? If you're afraid of sleeping pills, you can take a melatonin which are supposedly "natural" and so far the only negative about them (for me) is grogginess after you wake up.

I have trouble sleeping generally, but can't sleep at all when traveling. I'm considering taking something for the London flight so thanks for the advice.

• bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Pants said:

alienal said:

I have trouble sleeping generally, but can't sleep at all when traveling. I'm considering taking something for the London flight so thanks for the advice.

I swear by 5mg of melatonin to go right to sleep.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

Pants said:

alienal said:

I swear by 5mg of melatonin to go right to sleep.
    Our daughter had trouble falling asleep and doc recommended melatonin. Worked like a charm.