Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Man, I just saw where Stan Lee's wife just passed away. She was 93; i
  • The greatest thing on the internet today.

An all-acoustic version of the Six Million Dollar Man opening titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moKYoPowfsI

You're welcome.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    mwhitt80 said:

I saw that last night. Not to sound morbid, but you know what usually happens with older couples when one spouse passes away...

mwhitt80 said:

I saw that last night. Not to sound morbid, but you know what usually happens with older couples when one spouse passes away...
    I thought about that. I can't even imagine.
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Tonebone said:

The greatest thing on the internet today.

An all-acoustic version of the Six Million Dollar Man opening titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moKYoPowfsI

You're welcome.

I think that you meant au cappella. And, yes IT'S AWESOME!
    Dropped a very nearly full bottle of insulin this morning (for our diabetic cat), and the bottom of the bottle sheared right off. $150 bucks literally down the drain. So, yeah, that's how my week’s going so far.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Dropped a very nearly full bottle of insulin this morning (for our diabetic cat), and the bottom of the bottle sheared right off. $150 bucks literally down the drain. So, yeah, that's how my week’s going so far.

Reason #673 for missing the "Dislike" button.

Reason #673 for missing the "Dislike" button.
    The insulin incident—sounds like a Hardy Boys adventure—isn't even the worst thing from this week, just a median point.
  • Dropped a very nearly full bottle of insulin this morning (for our diabetic cat), and the bottom of the bottle sheared right off. $150 bucks literally down the drain. So, yeah, that's how my week’s going so far.

You should contact the vet and tell them what happened... they get samples from the pahrm reps all the time...

I broke a bottle of MY insulin once, and called my doctor... they told me to swing by and gave me 3 bottles, all labeled "sample".
  • DAR said:
    What is this? A galaxy far, far away... FOR ANTS?
    Tonebone said:

You should contact the vet and tell them what happened... they get samples from the pahrm reps all the time...

I broke a bottle of MY insulin once, and called my doctor... they told me to swing by and gave me 3 bottles, all labeled "sample".
    I wasn't that lucky.

When we leave town, we have to board our cat at the vet to make sure she gets her meds. About a year ago they dropped and broke a bottle of insulin we provided which was about four-fifths empty, and they gave us a new full bottle at no cost. But that was on them, and this was on me.
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I was just watching the original Spider-Man. It's kind of refreshing to see a superhero film that didn't have to rely on some big world threat and focused more on personal stakes
    So the new Doctor Who is a woman. I guess that works
    mwhitt80 said:

I imagine it will generate more interest at least. The series lost a lot of steam (and its new younger audience) once the young, hip, funny, handsome lads, Tennant and Smith, left the show. This might bring a lot of that crowd back into the fold.
    George Romero is died.

I hope, unlike his common protagonists, that he will rest in peace.

mwhitt80 said:

I imagine it will generate more interest at least. The series lost a lot of steam (and its new younger audience) once the young, hip, funny, handsome lads, Tennant and Smith, left the show. This might bring a lot of that crowd back into the fold.
    We started rewatching the Doctor this weekend. I always forget how much I truly loved Eccleston.

mwhitt80 said:

Im more like "Doctor who cares?"

Never could get into it.
    I might post some pictures of my ever changing backroom soon. It's finally starting to really come together after 6 years of repurposing and continual change.
    My dcbs order came in today.
    Shoot it was a giant box.
    First if you ordered DK3 in collectors edition you got a box with it. A big mostly empty box to hold all nine hardcovers.

Then the Too Much Coffee Man Omnibus came. I was thinking this was a regular Darkhorse digest sized Omnibus. Nope it is a giant Marvel sized Omnibus. I might not have ordered it if I knew that.

Plus I had my regular monthly stuff (which is not that much), and previews (which I don't know why I still get because clearly I never look at it).

mwhitt80 said:

Never could get into it.
    I watched it in the early ’80s on PBS. It came on a 6:00 pm every weekday, although I often got called to dinner in the middle of an episode. It was science fiction, and Tom Baker was charming and funny, and the stories were usually interesting, so I got into it despite the lousy special effects.

mwhitt80 said:

Never could get into it.
    I watched it in the early ’80s on PBS. It came on a 6:00 pm every weekday, although I often got called to dinner in the middle of an episode. It was science fiction, and Tom Baker was charming and funny, and the stories were usually interesting, so I got into it despite the lousy special effects.
    Tom Baker would've been my on-ramp. I dug the Marvel Premiere issues (I had gotten a subscription), but whenever the series was on the tv my reception was crappy which was distracting. It's a wonder I ever got into anything not on the usual 3 networks growing up.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Baker was the on-ramp for a lot of us in the late 70s/80s. Pertwee was always my favorite of the bunch. Anytime you have a series this long-lived there's going to be hills and valleys and those are defined differently depending on who you talk to. I think the idea of a female doctor is great...
    mwhitt80 said:

mwhitt80 said:

We started rewatching the Doctor this weekend. I always forget how much I truly loved Eccleston.
    Eccleston's Doctor is tragically underappreciated.
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited July 2017
    Saw "War for the Planet of the Apes" last night and quite enjoyed it. Rotten Tomatoes has it at a 95% + rating, which struck me as a bit high. Definitely on par with the first 2 though.

Lots of cool Easter eggs to the original series, and the character "Bad Ape" in one particular scene caused me to laugh louder in a theater than I ever have before.

If you liked the 1st 2 installments, you'll like this one.
    I need a few days to go fishing.
    mwhitt80 said:

I need a few days to go fishing.

My wife and I were invited to go fishing with the senior group at church. I don't want to come off as harsh, but those of you that have gone fishing with senior citizens will understand. This could be an "interesting" trip.
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    "What does your state hate the most?"

Being a NY Giants fan, I got a chuckle out of Massachusetts ...