Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Perfect! Thanks, Eric!
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Pretty bummed to learn Disney Imagineer Marty Sklar passed away
    Mike's Amazing World, there is some Lord's work being done on that site.
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    DAR said:

I follow him on Facebook and at the beginning of this year he announced that he is going to stop updating it on a regular basis. He has been at it for 20 years. Not sure how often he will make updates now.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736

DAR said:

I follow him on Facebook and at the beginning of this year he announced that he is going to stop updating it on a regular basis. He has been at it for 20 years. Not sure how often he will make updates now.
    That’s a shame, but I can’t blame him for wanting to take a break. Still I mainly use it for the older stuff anyway, so it still will suit my needs.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

DAR said:

That’s a shame, but I can’t blame him for wanting to take a break. Still I mainly use it for the older stuff anyway, so it still will suit my needs.
    Same here. It's neat to go back to when I first started collecting and be able to see what else was son the racks that month and often see other books I'd forgotten I had also.
    Honestly it would take years to go through his site before I finally wondered where the new material was.
    I'm watching Big for the first time in awhile. Kind of interesting that it showed the concept of a digital comic nearly 30 years ago
    Of course, he doesn't have all the publishers listed on his site. No St. John books, for instance, which is where Matt Baker did his best work. Still, it's very useful for figuring out exactly when certain trends started and ended.
    I'm not hearing good things right now about the Dark Tower.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    DAR said:

I'm not hearing good things right now about the Dark Tower.

Dark Tower to me just seemed way too ambitious to turn into a movie. Mini-series, maybe, but even then I don't know how well it'd work. Some things just need to stay books. I know that's a silly thing to say in this day and age, but...
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    I was planning on making a tomato sauce tonight. Onions, garlic, green & red peppers, and a secret blend of fresh herbs & spices. Then I said I might throw some susages in it.

My wife got happy, she's 1/4 hillbilly and that's the food of her people.
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    mwhitt80 said:

I was planning on making a tomato sauce tonight. Onions, garlic, green & red peppers, and a secret blend of fresh herbs & spices. Then I said I might throw some susages in it.

My wife got happy, she's 1/4 hillbilly and that's the food of her people.

Gravy!
    Even though it's far far far far away from the real thing it was nice to see football on my tv screen
    What has nine arms and sucks?
    Def Leppard

So I pre-ordered Hysteria on vinyl months ago and forgot about it. It just shipped; it's like Christmas in August (even the temperature has cooled down).
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    mwhitt80 said:

What has nine arms and sucks?
    Def Leppard

So I pre-ordered Hysteria on vinyl months ago and forgot about it. It just shipped; it's like Christmas in August (even the temperature has cooled down).

I just saw them live in June with Tesla and Poison. They're showing their age but still put on a pretty good show.
    Thanks for sharing @DAR!
    edited August 2017
    I improvised some chicken marsala Saturday night. It was pretty good, but I almost forgot the butter. That would have been a problem. I've got some stir fry and chicken & broccoli to do tonight.

Also getting the house ready for a new baby is a hassle and a hoff. After we lost Luke the nursery was used for storage for a few months. Then we made it into a play/storage room for Abigail, and the last month we had to change it back to a nursery and turn my backroom into a play room. Baby is coming next month
    We've also spent the last month cleaning out our closets. Salvation army has had lots of donations.On a side if you are donating clothes/household items somewhere give them to salvation army, you may not agree with thier beliefs, but they really do the most good for people that need a helping hand.

I'm purging lots of trades, my to exit pile keeps growing. Once I'm done going through it again I've got to figure out what to do with them. Mystery Boxes of trades for eBay or maybe I'll make CGS bundles for my internet friends?

In other Fishing news:
    I didn't get to go fishing on Saturday due to thunderstorms. I don't mind getting rained on, but I object to getting hit by lightning. New plan, go fishing this Saturday.
    Congrats on the engagement, @CaptShazam!
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    As someone who married his wife on the bridge of the Enterprise (NG version) in Vegas, congratulations on the impending wedding!
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Got to meet the Consul-General of Japan (Chicago) today at work, Naoki Ito, cool guy.
    All this Rick and Morty talk in the Netflix made me want to check out adultswim.com . It's been a while.

Tony Millionaire has a web strip there. 4panel gags of hit and miss, much like Drinkey Crow
    RedLetterMedia's Mr. Plinket has posted his latest movie review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHUV8QLpEAc