Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Spider-Man: Homecoming (spoilers)-- Seen it? Discuss it here.

13»

Comments

• bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Matt said:

See here's what I mean. How much time did they really spend together on screen to be "ridiculously cute together"?!

http://www.refinery29.com/amp/2017/08/167148/zendaya-tom-holland-spiderman-homecoming-chemistry-test

That website and article are absolutely vapid. Where do you find these, Matt? That's 3 minutes I'll never get back.

http://www.refinery29.com
    You're like an internet detective agency research arm...

And I completely agree with the point you're making. Anyone talking about their chemistry and adorability from Spider-Man: Homecoming very likely didn't even see the film and are being paid to say it.
    In fact, this may be the payment from Disney for that write-up right here...
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I'm watching Raimi's Spider-man. I had forgotten the emotional investment I had from the argument between Peter & Ben up through graduation day. It's why Homecoming didn't quite feel like Spider-man.
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I never heard of Zendaya before this movie... so I actually thought she was playing Liz. My little cousin corrected me at the movies.
  • DanDareDanDare Posts: 27
    WHAT I LIKED: This Holland kid was great-his PPP [Peter Parker Portrayal] wasalmost as spot on as Tobe Maguire's. Ned was an amusing addition- if a bit cliched. Keaton was great as always. The action sequences were fun but really hard to follow at times. I particularly liked the Washington Monument escapade.

WHAT I HATED: Pretty much everything else. To wit: If you're going to make the Spidey suit the star of the film and you must buy one at Target at least get the Deluxe model. Peter Parker is Spider-man not the costume- he's not the 'Iron-Spider-Man! I don't recall him being mentored by Stark. Aunt May the hot middle aged hippie chick? Metro-sexual Flash bullying Peter with.. sarcasm? Where was JJJ??? Who's this Lex and who is this anti-MJ and where's Gwen Stacey? I'd even settle for a Betty Brandt Easter egg but there's no Daily Bugle. Having panned the movie I still give it a 6.5 based on Holland, Keaton and the general light fun tone of the picture.

Seriously, I know I'm a curmudgeon sometimes but it's not just nostalgia. Ditko & Lee got it right the first time- why must they feel they must always update things that are ageless anyway???

And if you can reboot a series this often can we please please please do over the Green Hornet right away?
    Sheesh!
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    DanDare said:

WHAT I LIKED: This Holland kid was great-his PPP [Peter Parker Portrayal] wasalmost as spot on as Tobe Maguire's. Ned was an amusing addition- if a bit cliched. Keaton was great as always. The action sequences were fun but really hard to follow at times. I particularly liked the Washington Monument escapade.

WHAT I HATED: Pretty much everything else. To wit: If you're going to make the Spidey suit the star of the film and you must buy one at Target at least get the Deluxe model. Peter Parker is Spider-man not the costume- he's not the 'Iron-Spider-Man! I don't recall him being mentored by Stark. Aunt May the hot middle aged hippie chick? Metro-sexual Flash bullying Peter with.. sarcasm? Where was JJJ??? Who's this Lex and who is this anti-MJ and where's Gwen Stacey? I'd even settle for a Betty Brandt Easter egg but there's no Daily Bugle. Having panned the movie I still give it a 6.5 based on Holland, Keaton and the general light fun tone of the picture.

Seriously, I know I'm a curmudgeon sometimes but it's not just nostalgia. Ditko & Lee got it right the first time- why must they feel they must always update things that are ageless anyway???

And if you can reboot a series this often can we please please please do over the Green Hornet right away?
    Sheesh!

Actually, Betty was in the movie. She was the blonde student TV anchor; I think also was Flash's Homecoming date.

I thought it funny that Elizabeth Banks is blonde, but wore a black haired wig in Raimi's movies...only for the new actress to actually have blonde hair in the movie.
    I missed that! I was either out for a quick pee or- more likely- it flew past me while I was busy grousing about all the stuff I didn't like. Okay: 6.59 stars.
    I was particularly impressed that they finally, fully brought in Damage Control to force Toomes to have a grievance. I think there were mentions of them in Iron Man and Agents of SHIELD and ABC was developing a 'Damage Control' TV show, but I think NBC's failed 'Powers' series probably quashed that idea.

Here's more: http://heavy.com/entertainment/2017/07/spider-man-homecoming-damage-control-tyne-daly-tv-show-mcu/

They didn't quash it they just retooled it a tad and renamed it 'Hoarders'.
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Finally saw this. The stories in the first two Spider-Man films were better but Tom Holland was hands down the best Spider-Man