Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    The response to Ghostbusters was one of the weirdest things ever. It's about as 2 1/2 star/C+ as you can get for a movie. The fact that people on both sides chose to die on their particular hill was silly...but hey Internet gonna Internet
    After today two weeks of vacation.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    So, this is Shelob in the Shadow of Mordor sequel............

(sigh!) :unamused:
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    So I've been listening to a few graphic audio and big finish dramas.

Can I get some recommendations
    You know, I started out as a Boo-Boo Booster....but now, I think I'm more of a Griffin Gal.

Ok I fell into a rabbit home this morning.

Professional Fishermen's "Man Caves". This is the one people group with more crap and organization than we have as comic collectors. It's incredible how much fishing stuff these people have/store in thier garages.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    R.I.P., Jerry Lewis. The afterlife just got a whole lot nuttier.
    So my wife walked outside to observe the eclipse today, which means I'm pretty sure my unborn son absorbed cosmic rays.
    So what is the best case scenario I'm in for? I'm thinking a less smart Reed Richards
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Encouraging to see that retailers Big Bang Comics and My Comic Shop will NOT be buying Marvel's Legacy lenticular variant covers. They've decided that the depravity of Marvel’s tactic of using variants to artificially increase their sales numbers is just too steep an investment to order a bunch of books people won't read. I hope this keeps up.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/dont-make-mine-lenticular-mycomicshop-com-announces-they-will-not-order-legacy-variants/
    I have the HBO app through Amazon, kind of disappointed their not releasing episodes of Hard Knocks a full week after the latest episode
  • DAR said:

I have the HBO app through Amazon, kind of disappointed their not releasing episodes of Hard Knocks a full week after the latest episode

I was surprised to find that I'm genuinely liking Jameis Winston and DeSean Jackson. Didn't see that coming. However, Gerald McCoy steals the show though. And not just because he has a lifesize Batman statue in his house.
    Did anyone notice that Marvel renamed the first trade of the current Hulk (the She Hulk one) to She-Hulk vol.1 Deconstructed?

Just saw it on Amazon.
    mwhitt80 said:

Did anyone notice that Marvel renamed the first trade of the current Hulk (the She Hulk one) to She-Hulk vol.1 Deconstructed?

Just saw it on Amazon.

Thanks. I will be sure to avoid it.
  • TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited August 2017
    Posted this on the Uncle Sal thread, but thought I'd post the official "Uncle Sal Bingo Card" here as well. :-)

edited August 2017

mwhitt80 said:

Just saw it on Amazon.

Thanks. I will be sure to avoid it.
    Just giving a heads up. I knew how much you loved it, and wanted to give you a chance to pick it up in trade as well as singles.

Did any of you listen to Dan Slott on Word Ballon from a few months ago? Other than being a good interview, he talked about the diversification of Marvel.

His thoughts on it were there's nothing wrong with changing out characters; it can creates interesting characters in new roles. Comics have been doing that forever, but where he thought marvel went sideways was having all these creators doing interesting changes all at once. He didn't feel that having a new insert character was bad (and individually he felt that in most cases each instance lead to good stories), but it was just too much in too short of a period.
    This just in, Department of Undeniable Headlines—DUH for short—officials state that water is wet, fire burns, and people hate change, especially sudden, drastic change.
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I was really stoked when IDW announced more Hasbro properties were coming and their would be shared universe. The whole things seems no better than what the Big 2 pull, having to read almost everything to have any idea what's going on.

I'm partly to blame, I fall behind and when I do have the time to catch up, it seems overwhelming.
    edited August 2017

This just in, Department of Undeniable Headlines—DUH for short—officials state that water is wet, fire burns, and people hate change, especially sudden, drastic change.

One would think so, but a company who's head (that wasn't over a 25 year old marriage of one of his main characters) couldn't figure it out. The lesson is: people are dumb.

mwhitt80 said:

One would think so, but a company who's head (that wasn't over a 25 year old marriage of one of his main characters) couldn't figure it out. The lesson is: people are dumb.
    I don't think people are dumb per se (okay, some people are), but smart people do dumb things every day. Four out of five doctors agree that desperation is the #2 leading cause of stupidity in the world. Read that in a medical journal, or maybe a fortune cookie.
  • mwhitt80 said:

(that wasn't over a 25 year old marriage of one of his main characters)

Well, call me one of those dumb people Eric alludes to, because I have absolutely no idea what that is.

mwhitt80 said:

(that wasn't over a 25 year old marriage of one of his main characters)

Well, call me one of those dumb people Eric alludes to, because I have absolutely no idea what that is.

Thankfully I haven't met any dumb people on this forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think @mwhitt80 was referring to the Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson kerfuffle.
  • Ahhhhh, gotcha. LOL!
    I'm down to the last DC/WB crossover. Batman/Elmer Fudd. I've, for the most part enjoyed it.
    mwhitt80 said:

Just giving a heads up. I knew how much you loved it, and wanted to give you a chance to pick it up in trade as well as singles.

Ha!
    mwhitt80 said:

Did any of you listen to Dan Slott on Word Ballon from a few months ago? Other than being a good interview, he talked about the diversification of Marvel.

His thoughts on it were there's nothing wrong with changing out characters; it can creates interesting characters in new roles. Comics have been doing that forever, but where he thought marvel went sideways was having all these creators doing interesting changes all at once. He didn't feel that having a new insert character was bad (and individually he felt that in most cases each instance lead to good stories), but it was just too much in too short of a period.

He's definitely a "company man" cursed with a spiteful disposition. And I for one am not opposed to change. In fact, I look forward to the end of his tenure on ASM so we can get a new creative team on the book I used to love.

edited August 2017
    @TheOriginalGMan I'm not saying you are dumb, or 99% of the people I've encountered on the forums are not doh dumb.In fact I really like the people I've met through the boards. I consider most of you my friends, crap we've been talking with each other for the better part of a decade.
    However we have all said dumb things/held dumb opinions at one point during that time (I know I certainly have anyway). So yeah... You guys are alright in my book.

Edit: I love the bingo card it's fantastic.

Edit-Edit: I even like the grumpy old men on the board ;)
    Edit-Edit-Edit: see I even made a dumb mistake while professing my love for you.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited August 2017

mwhitt80 said:

Ha!
    mwhitt80 said:

He's definitely a "company man" cursed with a spiteful disposition. And I for one am not opposed to change. In fact, I look forward to the end of his tenure on ASM so we can get a new creative team on the book I used to love.

I've had enough of Dan Block..er..Slott on ASM for sure.

(little Twitter joke)
    Meet the new Cap, same as the old Cap.
    I love the new robo-call intro scripts: “Hello, is [insert common first name] there?”
    “No, I'm afraid you have the wrong number.”
    “Oh, well perhaps you can help me...”
    (click)
    Wow. If this narcissistic interview from director James Cameron bashing the Wonder Woman movie doesn't get you excited for the several upcoming Avatar sequels, I don’t know what will.

So it appears that the Alamo Draft House is holding a clown only screening for Stephen King's IT.

Man, why do the trans-dimensional demons keep getting left out....Uncool man...UNCOOL!