Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Just finished the DC/WB crossover
    Here's how I would rate them

Batman/Elmer Fudd - the best of the bunch. It's been talked about a lot, but I really recommend buying this. It also had the best backup.

Jonah Hex Yosemite Sam - I talked about this one but it is the other buy book.

LoSH/Bugs Bunny - This one combined Bugs with the silver age Legion; it was also the one in which it seemed like DC was brought into Looney Tunes. It had some entertaining gags, but it also had some jokes that got old. I'd give this a strong borrow, and felt it was just barely better than WW.

Wonder woman/Tasmanian Devil - strong borrow.

Martian Manhunter/Marvin the Martian - it was ok. I didn't feel it stood out positively or negatively in anyway. So pass.

Lobo/Roadrunner - What if the Wacky Racers (2016) series met the Nu52? The positive is that the back up story was pretty good and there was one gag of lobo chasing roadrunner that made me smile. Overall it's a big fat pass.

So 4 books were great to good, one was forgettable, and one was bad. I'm calling it a success.

Also I apologise to anyone who read my previous post before the 3rd edit.

edited August 2017
    Highschool football has started state wide tonight.
    I can't listen to our local radio station. It is unlistenable
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Was at a friend's for a Fantasy Football draft which turned into watching the fight. Not really a boxing/MMA guy but it was better than I thought
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    If you think Mayweather vs. McGregor was a big fight, wait until my neighbor's wife finds out he paid $100 to watch it.
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Recently had a chance to catch the new Spider-Man series and the reboot of Ducktales on Disney XD. Spider-Man was charming but it's certainly made with a younger audience in mind.

Ducktales I loved. This was something that certainly kids can watch but adults can appreciate it on a whole different level
    Anyone got big plans for labor day?
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    The production code name for Luke Cage's second season is "Tiara".

This is not a well-kept secret or anything, but I thought, a fun choice. The signs on their office even have big blocky yellow letters.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    mwhitt80 said:

I will be laboring away, if not at the office, then at home. No rest for the weary.
    edited August 2017

mwhitt80 said:

I will be laboring away, if not at the office, then at home. No rest for the weary.
    I fear I am going to be in the same boat. I've got to get stuff done; I'm up against an immovable deadline and the unstoppable baby.

Take heart in the words of the teacher:
    "I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun" Ecclesiastes 2:11
  • mwhitt80 said:

Hopefully watching a lot of college football, including sitting around the fire pit on my patio Saturday night watching Alabama vs Florida St
    mwhitt80 said:

"I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun" Ecclesiastes 2:11

“Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on, brah
    La-la how the life goes on”
    —Paul McCartney

mwhitt80 said:

“Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on, brah
    La-la how the life goes on”
    —Paul McCartney
    Like sands through the hour glass...
  • SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    mwhitt80 said:

Sleeping in, spending a little time with the family, then going to work at the second job.
  • SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    I am sooooo looking forward to the Punisher show.
  • mwhitt80 has barrell in the market place
    nweathington
    mwhitt80 said:

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.
    Ohh man. I was just at home Depot on Sunday. My 3 year olds favorite place (they have the best carts for kids).
    Two cans of white Rust-Oleum (why say it, when you can spray it) and 8 feet of moulding. It never fails when I am cutting 45' I always mess up one side, just one side.
    mwhitt80 said:

Cooking out with family, celebrating my birthday

mwhitt80 said:

Happy early birthday!
  • mwhitt80 has barrell in the market place
    nweathington

mwhitt80 said:

Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

mwhitt80 said:

Happy early birthday!
    Thanks Eric! My birthday is actually on Sunday, but it gets lumped in with Labor Day fairly frequently. Should be a nice time.
    If anyone is keeping up with Secret Empire, remember this little promise the writer made a few months back

Rant time:
    There are things at ESPN that really irritate me. I'm okay with Stephen A being the current face. It's not my cup of tea, but some people must like/watch him, just not me (not even his clips on .com)
    But
    If you are trying to push boxing once again Max Kellerman has to be the boxing guy, and you have to replace Stephen A on that coverage. Smith is pretty ignorant when it comes to boxing.

I love Adrian Wojnarowski; I've been reading Woj-bombs for years. He knows everyone in the NBA and breaks stories like no else. He's just not there best basketball guy; ESPN has spectacular NBA writers at this moment (Zach Lowe is currently the best NBA writer).

Which brings me to my biggest irritation with ESPN. You can't do a search by writers anymore. It drives me nuts.
    mwhitt80 said:

Rant time:
    There are things at ESPN that really irritate me. I'm okay with Stephen A being the current face. It's not my cup of tea, but some people must like/watch him, just not me (not even his clips on .com)
    But
    If you are trying to push boxing once again Max Kellerman has to be the boxing guy, and you have to replace Stephen A on that coverage. Smith is pretty ignorant when it comes to boxing.

I love Adrian Wojnarowski; I've been reading Woj-bombs for years. He knows everyone in the NBA and breaks stories like no else. He's just not there best basketball guy; ESPN has spectacular NBA writers at this moment (Zach Lowe is currently the best NBA writer).

Which brings me to my biggest irritation with ESPN. You can't do a search by writers anymore. It drives me nuts.

Stephen A is a walking, talking shouting click bait generator. That's why people like him and Jim Rome and Skip Bayless and Jason Whitlock have jobs. Their sole purpose is to get people riled up, not provide poignant analysis. Half the time they say things even they don't believe. I've got no time for any of those guys.
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178

If anyone is keeping up with Secret Empire, remember this little promise the writer made a few months back

This huge understatement is from an article I read online:

"Secret Empire has ensured Captain America's life will never be the same, but fans can expect a big departure from that controversial storyline in Mark Waid's upcoming run."

Captain America's life will never be the same

Where have we heard THAT before? Oh yeah, Marvel comics!

mwhitt80 said:

Rant time:
    But

Stephen A is a walking, talking shouting click bait generator. That's why people like him and Jim Rome and Skip Bayless and Jason Whitlock have jobs. Their sole purpose is to get people riled up, not provide poignant analysis. Half the time they say things even they don't believe. I've got no time for any of those guys.
    I didn't watch Stephen and Skip. I don't watch Stephen and Max. But he is all over the boxing coverage, which is disheartening. ESPN has two really good boxing guys, Max and Dan Rafael. Max Kellerman really knows boxing and is almost as fiery as Stephen A. Like I said Smith is just ignorant when it comes to boxing.
    "Hello this is Heather from account services. There is no problem with...." click

Robo voices are getting better.

This huge understatement is from an article I read online:

"Secret Empire has ensured Captain America's life will never be the same, but fans can expect a big departure from that controversial storyline in Mark Waid's upcoming run."

Oh, oh, oh... speaking of unironic quotes about comic book entertainment...

From Total Film: Simon Kinberg says they plan to "find a way to ground [X-Men: Dark Phoenix] so it's not too intergalactic."

• CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    mwhitt80 said:

"Hello this is Heather from account services. There is no problem with...." click

Robo voices are getting better.

After suffering through a long and misery inducing phone tree...

"Welcome to the VA's educational benefit hotline. Your expected wait time is...45 minutes" Click from my end.

Who has time for time during the day? Do they only have one person manning the phones?
    Lots of college games tonight, and tomorrow,and Saturday, and Sunday, and one on Monday....