Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1668 Talkback - September 2017 Previews

It's Previews time again! We go through the September 2017 catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in November. Also: a few words on the passing of comics legend Len Wein. (1:19:02)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    We need to get #FirstWorldPantsProblems trending on Twitter.
  • Options
    @wildpigcomics, Aquaman is the only ongoing (not counting maxiseries—see Kamandi Challenge and Mister Miracle—or Astro City) DC book I'm reading. I like it quite a bit, though I'm not nearly as high on it as you. Not as high on Sejic’s artwork either. It’s good, but it doesn’t blow me away. Overall it’s a weak buy for me, but since I get it through a discounted direct subscription (it comes to my mailbox), I'm only paying about $1.25 per issue, and it’s certainly worth that.

As for your comment about leaving a title when a creative team leaves the title, I'm right there with you. That’s been my policy for 25 years or so, and I credit that policy as a big part of why I've been able to stay as interested and enthusiastic about the industry as I have over that time.

Lastly, sheathe your tanto. You have been a great ambassador for TwoMorrows, so we will overlook this minor slight. Your honor is intact. ;)
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited September 2017
    Great episode so far. Just wanted to mention where @wildpigcomics commented he was likely going to jump off the Thanos series with issue #13 now that the great Jeff Lemire is leaving the series. I have to say, don't jump off just yet. The new creative team is writer Donny Cates and artist Geoff Shaw who together created a minor masterpiece with the Image comics series God Country. I believe this is some of the best talent Marvel could've found for that property. It should turn out brilliant, beautiful, and insane.

And thank you @pants for the all too brief interview with the late, great Len Wein by CGS founder @brydeemer. I wish Mr. Wein were editing Dan Slott's ASM run. But all in all, this was a very special treat.

Hope @Adam_Murdough is okay :)
  • Options
    BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    edited September 2017
    That Len Wein interview was a really special addition to this podcast, thanks for adding it, @Pants. So bittersweet, to hear a man who's just passed as he excitedly talks about projects, and about the business that was his lifeblood. I think I'll read his BEFORE WATCHMEN: OZYMANDIAS story this weekend; I never got around to it back when it came out, and I'd like to read something relatively recent of his.

Also, I was happy to hear how long and enthused this month's DC Previews discussion was : )
  • Options
    Great hearing the Len Wein interview. Thanks for adding it to the end of the episode.

Pants, I'm ordering Doomsday Clock from DCBS but I know I'll end up picking up a copy on the day it comes out. Chris, Aquaman is one of the first books I read every month. Loving the art since issue 25.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Yeah, PREVIEWS! I listened to this before I made my DCBS order and it was quite helpful! Like @bralinator I'm not jumping off Thanos just yet and the number of Hellboy-related series is curious. Is Hellboy that popular again? Anyway, I don't know what happened, but for awhile I couldn't log-in to the forums. Perhaps thanks to @pants or perhaps @brydeemer I can get on again. Or perhaps the issue resolved itself.