Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

December 2017 Comics Solicitations (October Previews) | What Looks Good?

Local comic shoppers, tighten up your pull-lists. Early birds, prepare to place your pre-orders here: DCBService.com. Online orders begin around October 5th and end around October 24th.

+++++++++++++

Check out the following links:

+ 451 Media Group
+ Aardvark Vanaheim Comics
+ AC Comics
+ Action Lab Entertainment
+ Action Lab Danger Zone
+ Aftershock Comics
+ Amigo Comics
+ Archie Comics
+ Aspen Comics
+ Avatar Press
+ Blackbox Comics
+ Bongo Comics
+ BOOM! Studios
+ Chapterhouse Comics
+ Dark Horse Comics
+ DC Comics
+ Devils Due/1First Comics
+ Dynamite Entertainment
+ IDW Publishing
+ Image Comics
+ Marvel Comics
+ ONI Press
+ Red 5 Comics
+ Space Goat Publishing
+ Titan Comics
+ Valiant Entertainment

So what's going into your shopping cart? Or on your pull-list? You may want to wait until we can all go through the official catalogue with @Adam_Murdough, @Pants, @ShaneKelly, and @wildpigcomics as they post their next Previews podcast episode (likely within the first week or so of October), before you decide to finalize your order.

If you know of any publishers that were been left out, but who have solicits for December up on the web, please add that in a reply comment to this thread. Also of note, there is a Free PDF version of Previews posted online here.

++++++++

Thanks to the following sites: Previews World, FirstComicsNews.com, ComicBookResources.com, ComicList.com, Comic Cavalcade (comcav.net), ConstantCollectible.com, ComicsContinuum.com, Newsarama.com

Comments

• TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

Singles
    Taarna #3 Cvr A
    Supergirl #16
    Sheena #4 Cvr
    Empowered & Sistah Spooky`S High School Hell #1
    Barbarella #1 Cvr A Rocafort (MR)

Japan Stuff
    Mamama Magical Director Mako Chan GN Vol 01
    Non Non Biyori GN Vol 09
    To Love Ru Omnibus GN Vol 01
    To Love Ru Darkness GN Vol 01
    Goblin Slayer GN Vol 01 (MR)
    Cutie Honey A Go Go GN Vol 01
    Aho Girl (Clueless Girl) GN Vol 04

Trade Stuff
    Vision Directors Cut HC
    Supergirl TP Vol 04
    Saga TP Vol 08 (MR)
    Motor Girl TP Vol 02 No Man Left Behind
    Green Arrow TP Vol 09 Old Tricks

• bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Torchsong said:

Singles
    Supergirl #16

Are you getting the Stanley “Artgerm” Lau variant covers for these single issues? They look beautiful.
    Torchsong said:

Trade Stuff
    Vision Directors Cut HC

Yep, picking this up to. I've avoided it in single issues, avoided the Directors Cut re-release and both soft trades. This is a steal at $20.

• TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Yes. If Artgerm did it, 99% of time I'm picking it up. :)

And I totally can't resist that Vision trade for $20. No way.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    My prelim list before I cull

Singles:
    Hulk family books
    Ghost Rider Spirits of Vengeance
    Marvel-2-in-1

DC Kids Bundle - can't miss our Scooby-Doo fix.
    Hannah Barbera line
    Young Animals Bundle
    Bane Conquest - I've enjoyed this limited series

Vark Knight Returns #1
    Fu Jitsu #4
    1985 Black Hole Repo #3
    Taarna #3
    KDoT #250 !

Trades
    Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Fall of the Pantheon the Epic Collections of Hulk picked up where the Peter David Visionaries series left off so I get these.
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    I'm interested in Titan's Captain Kronos, but don't know if I should jump on it. Has anyone read it?
    aquatroy said:

I'm interested in Titan's Captain Kronos, but don't know if I should jump on it. Has anyone read it?

Looks good. The movie is schlock, but a lot of fun.
    edited October 2017
    mwhitt80 said:

I've been hearing a LOT of good things, but critical reviews haven't been very good. What's your take?
    mwhitt80 said:

Trades
    Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Fall of the Pantheon the Epic Collections of Hulk picked up where the Peter David Visionaries series left off so I get these.

I loved Peter David's run, but I fell off around the time Dale Keown stopped doing the art, I think around issue 400. Keown was my favorite Incredible Hulk artist, probably ever. I have like a 60 issue run of the title beginning around issue 350. I need to pull them out and re-read it.

mwhitt80 said:

I've been hearing a LOT of good things, but critical reviews haven't been very good. What's your take?

I love Bane; when he's used right he's the guy Batman really doesn't want to cross swords with. Chuck Dixon is giving us that kind of Bane again

The story is pretty basic Bane, Trogg, Zombie, and Bird are going to war across the globe. There's a conspiracy, revenge, and fighting, but really it's 2/3 issue stories with a new guest star and new antagonist linked together by through line. Also Chuck Dixon isn't making the Bane crew anti-heroes; these are bad guys breaking other bad guys for bad guy reasons.

It's not groundbreaking, but it is good fun comics. The stories are told well, with a good mix of action and plot (the punching/killing makes sense and isn't boring or pointless). A Solid comic that makes you want to read the next issue; if reviewers have a problem with that they can pull thier heads out of their pretentious butts.

mwhitt80 said:

Trades

I loved Peter David's run, but I fell off around the time Dale Keown stopped doing the art, I think around issue 400. Keown was my favorite Incredible Hulk artist, probably ever. I have like a 60 issue run of the title beginning around issue 350. I need to pull them out and re-read it.

When the Peter David run was going on I was young and didn't have the access to comics like I have now. So I've been picking it up in trades for 6 or 7 years now; it's fantastic (2nd best Hulk run by a creator, Greg Pak #1)
    This book will put the run at issue 435 (between the 8 Visionaries and three epic volumes), so there are about 2 more collections. I'm excited to see how it ends.
    mwhitt80 said:

I love Bane; when he's used right he's the guy Batman really doesn't want to cross swords with. Chuck Dixon is giving us that kind of Bane again

...It's not groundbreaking, but it is good fun comics.

Nice. Thanks for the insight.

Good, fun comics. When I think about, that's what Dixon does best.
  • Finally had a chance to create my DCBS order for this month. This is what made the cut:

Be Your Own Backing Band (Silver Sprocket)
    Blubber #5 (Fantagraphics Books)
    Brilliant Trash #2 (Aftershock Comics)
    Curse Words Holiday Special #1 (Image Comics)
    Die Kitty Die Christmas Special (Chapterhouse Comics)
    How To Be Alive GN (Big Planet/Retrofit Comics)
    Johnny Boo: The Best Little Ghost In The World HC (Top Shelf Productions)
    Kong On The Planet Of The Apes #2 (BOOM! Studios)
    Long Lost #2 (Scout Comics)
    That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime Vol. 3 (Kodansha Comics)