Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1669 Talkback - Comic Talk

It's another format-free fiesta from the fine folks at the CGS Studio! Good news and bad news, trivia and travelogues, quickie reviews of comics new and old--why, this episode is so eclectic, so magnificently multifarious and righteously rambling, that it defies summary! Listen and see what we mean! (1:04:32)

Listen here.

Comments

• @ShaneKelly, for me, Thanos Quest (the Infinity Gauntlet prequel) is fantastic, Infinity Gauntlet is good, Infinity War is okay, and Infinity Crusade is forgettable. Each series was a significant drop in quality of story, and I read them as they came out. Just my two cents.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I didn't get to read Infinity Gauntlet as it came out but it had to be a trip. By the end of issue #4 Thanos has killed most of the heroes. Not to worry though because then Galactus, the Celestials, etc show up and surely THEY will defeat him. Nope, Thanos beats the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe. No biggie, there is still Eternity..surely the living embodiment of all there is can...NOPE...

I would have been going crazy waiting month to month.
  • It was nice of @Adam_Murdough to pretend to be excited over his complimentary blu-ray copy of that Captain Marvel serial, when we all know he would much preferred this:

That’s how I watched it, lo, those many years ago.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Links to the Kickstartes @pants mentioned:

Prom of the Dead - 14 days to go!

The Complete Girls With Slingshots - fully funded, 4 weeks to go!
  • So, @Pants ... you left us hanging with some unanswered questions:

1) What did you decide to do about a new car? (Personally, of all the Facebook responses you listed, I thought the "Monkee Mobile" was the most clever)
    2) Did you win that online auction that was ending the night you recorded?
    3) What was the art that you won at the Stone Harbor auction?

• PantsPants Posts: 567

So, @Pants ... you left us hanging with some unanswered questions:

1) What did you decide to do about a new car? (Personally, of all the Facebook responses you listed, I thought the "Monkee Mobile" was the most clever)

1) I'm getting a new vehicle. I liked one that I tested on Wednesday, but I'm still looking.
    2) Shortly after recording while still in the studio I was, thankfully, outbid.
    3) Two consecutive pages from a 90's Birds of Prey story with cool action images of Black Canary and Huntress.
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited September 2017
    Pants said:

So, @Pants ... you left us hanging with some unanswered questions:

1) I'm getting a new vehicle. I liked one that I tested on Wednesday, but I'm still looking.
    2) Shortly after recording while still in the studio I was, thankfully, outbid.
    3) Two consecutive pages from a 90's Birds of Prey story with cool action images of Black Canary and Huntress.
    I went to www.comiclink.com after listening to the show. That IS a dangerous place!
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Ah, a nice relaxed episode! The best thing for me was just hearing @ShaneKelly back on the mike! Always nice to have more-the-merrier!
  • @Adam_Murdough, receiving a shout out in a CGS episode was like my own personal White Event, so thank you for that, kind sir. "X-Men meets the Forever People meets the Breakfast Club" hits Psi-Force like: image
    With Psi-Force fresh in mind, I would encourage you to explore another favorite failed Marvel title from my youth, 'Team America'. The similarity of concept is an interesting one.
    Thank you all once again for sharing so many wonderful hours with us. Magniconte!
  • @Adam_Murdough, I just revisited the Spotlight on the Fantastic Four in the John Byrne Era episode and realized you ripped apart Team America a.k.a. Thunderiders in that episode, so never mind about that. Clearly not your cup of team...Magniconte!
  • The covers, though...
    Magniconte!