Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 3,681
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on WordBalloon! I don't care it's Kareem writing comics and talking geek stuff!
    Great stuff even if, he doesn't really try... except during the playoffs.
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Closed on a house yesterday. Nearing 40 so it was now or never (retire).

There is a finished basement with great space for a comic book room. Moving 1000+ trades will not be fun.
  • Congrats, dude! How exciting!
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 5,914
    Anyone else going to NYCC this weekend? I'll be at Booth 1038. Hope to see some CGSers!
  • DARDAR Posts: 955
    mwhitt80 said:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on WordBalloon! I don't care it's Kareem writing comics and talking geek stuff!
    Great stuff even if, he doesn't really try... except during the playoffs.

You try dragging Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes

• TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,717
    He's been hearing that crap since he left UCLA!
    Only saw one CGS'er today (as far as I know at least), but catching up with Bryan Deemer, who I hadn't seen in a couple of years, made it quality over quantity. I expect to see you Saturday @Pants.
  • PantsPants Posts: 554

I expect to see you Saturday @Pants.

I'm only making a cameo appearance at the con on Saturday, but you're on my short list of people to see Eric.

edited October 2017
    Pants said:

I expect to see you Saturday @Pants.

I'm only making a cameo appearance at the con on Saturday, but you're on my short list of people to see Eric.
    Good man! You've got to come by to look at the advance copies of Groovy if nothing else. It has Monkees. :)
    Only had two CGSers stop by the booth today: Tom King and Jamal Igle. They'll do, I guess.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Tom King? That guy, whatever came of him?
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Tom King? That guy, whatever came of him?

I hear he broke through. Twice!
  • Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,451
    As I'm sitting at a desk at my local library, a jawa just tried to commandeer my laptop.

#MyLibraryIsBetterThanYourLibrary #501st
    @Pants comes through once again, keeping the CGS visitation streak going at three for three. Great seeing you again, Brian!
  • I'm one of what I assume are probably only 5 or 6 NY Islander fans who live in Ohio. My son and I attended the Islanders - Blue Jackets game in Columbus last Friday night. We got blown out 5-0, so it pretty much sucked. Only positive of the whole night happened before the game started. My son and I are sitting there decked out in Islander gear about 6 rows behind their bench, amidst a sea of Columbus fans. This guy walks over to where we're sitting, introduces himself, hands us each an NYI button, and thanks us for supporting the team. The guy's name? Jon Ledecky, owner of the Islanders. Thought that was pretty cool.

I'm one of what I assume are probably only 5 or 6 NY Islander fans who live in Ohio. My son and I attended the Islanders - Blue Jackets game in Columbus last Friday night. We got blown out 5-0, so it pretty much sucked. Only positive of the whole night happened before the game started. My son and I are sitting there decked out in Islander gear about 6 rows behind their bench, amidst a sea of Columbus fans. This guy walks over to where we're sitting, introduces himself, hands us each an NYI button, and thanks us for supporting the team. The guy's name? Jon Ledecky, owner of the Islanders. Thought that was pretty cool.

He's got to do everything he can to keep the team's fans, what with the arena debacle. Nice that he's making the effort at least.
  • I've got my fingers crossed that they win the right to build at Belmont Park. Would solve most of their problems.

PS - Fun Fact: Jon Ledecky is the uncle of Olympic swimmer extraordinaire Katie Ledecky.
    Best bit of comic news I heard while at the show: Jeff Lemire and Keith Giffen are going to be co-writing an Inferior Five series drawn by Giffen, and Jeff will be writing and drawing a five-page “Peacemaker” backup strip in each issue.

Best bit of comic news I heard while at the show: Jeff Lemire and Keith Giffen are going to be co-writing an Inferior Five series drawn by Giffen, and Jeff will be writing and drawing a five-page “Peacemaker” backup strip in each issue.

When was the last time we saw peacemaker? Was it the 80s checkmate series?
    Any other cool items coming out of nycc?
    mwhitt80 said:

When was the last time we saw peacemaker? Was it the 80s checkmate series?
    Last time was in 2011 in Suicide Squad.
    mwhitt80 said:

Any other cool items coming out of nycc?

No idea. When you're stuck in a booth all day, you rarely hear anything.
    Oh, yeah. Sonny Liew is going to be drawing a new six-issue miniseries for the Young Animal imprint called Eternity Girl.

Oh, yeah. Sonny Liew is going to be drawing a new six-issue miniseries for the Young Animal imprint called Eternity Girl.

That's 2 dc Books I will get. What was the name of the Sonny Liew book you enjoyed so much last year @nweathington ?
    mwhitt80 said:

That's 2 dc Books I will get. What was the name of the Sonny Liew book you enjoyed so much last year @nweathington ?
    The Art of Charlie Chan Hock Chye. It won Sonny three well deserved Eisners last year.
    Thanks
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,717

This is the greatest comic book news I have ever heard. The FIVE are BACK!
    Torchsong said:

This is the greatest comic book news I have ever heard. The FIVE are BACK!
    Welllll... not exactly. It's a new five.
  • Okay, fess up ... which one of you is this?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/10/10/shoplifting-suspect-through-window/

"Shoplifting Suspect Jumps Through Second-Story Window Of Times Square Comic Book Store"