Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1672 Talkback - Comic Talk: Catch-Up Edition

After several weeks of suffering the bludgeonings of chance, four Geeks finally find time to meet up for a little Comic Talk group therapy! Talking points include more on the final fate of Wildpig Comics; the fabulous treasures laid up in the House of Pants; a new kind of comic-art show in our home city of Reading, Pa.; Halloween hi-jinks; Muddle the Murd; and much more! (1:01:47)

Listen here. BOO!

Comments

• @Adam_Murdough, I just read Nocturnals: The Sinister Path tonight for my Halloween reading. Not quite as good as some earlier entries in the series, but enjoyable as always. Did you notice the copy of Tik-Tok of Oz on Eve’s mantle? I have a few of Dan’s prints and art books in my collection and one sketch. My son has a really nice color sketch of one of the Godzilla kaiju—Titanosaurus, I think.

Good to hear you again, @ShaneKelly. Glad things have worked out for you.
  • @Adam_Murdough, I just read Nocturnals: The Sinister Path tonight for my Halloween reading. Not quite as good as some earlier entries in the series, but enjoyable as always. Did you notice the copy of Tik-Tok of Oz on Eve’s mantle?

I DID notice that, Eric! Tik-Tok was never one of my favorites of Baum's books, but I can see how all the Nomes and dragons and assorted ex-OZ-genous weirdness littering the narrative might make it a staple of the Horror household. :)
  • Chris was right. The Silver Surfer finale was very satisfying. Pants better have some kleenex handy, 'cause this is totally going to be him when he's done:

• Chris was right. The Silver Surfer finale was very satisfying. Pants better have some kleenex handy, 'cause this is totally going to be him when he's done:

Indeed. A fantastic series, which frankly lasted much longer than I expected it would, and I'm so glad it did.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited November 2017
    I'll dissent and argue SS was "meh" at best.
  • Mr_Cosmic said:

I kinda sorta agree. I enjoyed the series, but didn't particularly "love" it. However, I do think they absolutely stuck the landing with the finale though.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited November 2017
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Hey, you're well within your rights to be absolutely, horribly wrong. :smiley:
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I’m with you. I couldn’t get into it all. But I’m also not a Doctor Who fan, further proving that I’ve got excellent taste.
    (snark)

On the bright side, I sold my entire run (volume 7) right after Secret Wars. Now that the series has been cancelled, those same issues are garnering far less than what I sold the run for. And I still have it digitally (free) if I ever change my mind. Can’t delete digital comics from the app apparently.

Good times.
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Boy, that was kind of a "Debbie-downer" of an episode with Chris' and Pants' problems and all. Still, nice to hear Shane again and great to hear Murd YANK another Muddle-the-Murd answer out of nowhere! I was kinda surprised to hear Chris rank that Silver Surfer series up there with The Vision! C'mon! The Vision was far superior. For me, when I compare them I often consider this: How many times did I consider dropping the Vision series? Zero. How many times did I consider dropping Silver Surfer? Many. And ended up dropping it at around issue 7. Y'know, like that guy who opened up his "house" for Halloween, I think Pants should open up his "House of Pants" for public viewing. For a small fee, of course, to defray the costs of new artwork. lol
  • The CGS Geeks can debbie-down me whenever / however much they want. This is a warm community they've created, and friendship means ups as well as (debbie-)downs. And don't worry, Chris - some great surprises are sure to come your way soon.

P.S. I know it's early but since Murd finished reading "A Christmas Carol" last year can he now begin reading the novelization of "Mad Max: Fury Road" every yuletide
  • @Pants, I am working my way through Monster myself and there are actually only 18 volumes.
  • PantsPants Posts: 567
    CagedEye said:

@Pants, I am working my way through Monster myself and there are actually only 18 volumes.

I realized that as I was reading them and it said that on one of the covers. I'm super happy that I can now read them all without having to search through the rest of my boxes.