Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

TV News: Flash

1293031323335»

Comments

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Also, less Speed Force focus, and stop making Flash cry with all the sad emo storylines.

"Pussy."

https://youtu.be/0GkJSjOxD4U
  • MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    I don't mind having big bad's for Season as long as it isn't another Speedster? And from what the writers have said, and what they have been setting up in the show that's not going to happen next season.

It definitely seems like The Thinker will be the villain next year? And I honestly wish they'd do The Rogues as Season Villains.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Looks like in addition to The Thinker, Ralph Dibney (the Elongated Man) will be joining S.T.A.R. Labs next season.
    I just read a interview where Tom Welling said he'd like to play Superman on Flash. And said he actually had a few ideas on how to do it?

Which is really interesting? Because I read a interview a few months ago he said that he was in talks to play Superman on Supergirl, but felt weird about it because it wasn't his Clark Kent/Superman.

So I'm thinking the Flash could just go to Earth Whatever? And that's the Smallville Earth, and would solve his problem about not playing his Superman.

And what is really cool about this? Is they could have a lot of the characters back, not just Clark. And if something like this happens? Hopefully one of those characters is Lex.
    Phew! Last night's episode was a stinker... anyone still watching this?
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552

Last nights ep was the first that I had watched in some time.
    Dibney's a perv?
    Stripping = feminism?
    aquatroy said:

Last nights ep was the first that I had watched in some time.
    Dibney's a perv?
    Stripping = feminism?
    If you were playing a drinking game and had to take a drink everytime the word "feminism" was spoken, you're probably recovering from alcohol poisoning today.

That episode was TOO WOKE
    edited November 2017
    Yeah this is why 23 episode seasons are so tough to do. Because only about 13 episodes will actually matter while the other 10 are there to fill time.

That's exactly why even though they had the villain caught and then they unrealistically let her go. So they would have something for Killer Frost to do later on in the season.

I did like that they basically solved the Killer Frost (is she evil) thing. She's basically Hulk now where both personalities will be good.

They have done some good things like now there's just Barry as the only speedster, (I really wish Wally would join Legends). And I did like the previous episode to this. And the Thinker seems interesting, it just always takes so long for the Seasons to rev up.

I think Arrow has been good this season. Legend is Legends, it's never amazing, but it's OK. Haven't seen Supergirl yet, but with them doing The Legion I will catch up.
  • matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited December 2017
    I could just hear @Pants geek out over the storyline of when the Flash comes back. The trade is not cheap to get.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Catching up on Season 4 since it went on sale a few weeks ago on iTunes. We're on episode 9 and I realized that the only thing worse than Dick Van Dyke's accent as Burt in Mary Poppins is Katie Sackoff's accent as Amunet Black in this episode.
  • mphilmphil Posts: 448
    edited July 2018
    I finished the most recent season. Meh.

With all of the comic related medium out now and I'm finding it more and more difficult to justify spending so much time on the broadcast TV shows. I'm already a couple of seasons behind Arrow with no intention to try and catch up.

I'm just tired of the cheesiness of it all. Not the low budget costumes, but the storylines. Stuff like "hey, we're battling The Thinker but let's take a break from that to throw a baby shower". And some how they found the time to have nice decorations and everything. Oh, and no one else other that the Scooby squad was invited. Poor mother, apparently has no friends of her own.

Or that Barry and Iris have to have a heartfelt talk every other episode that leads to deep professions of undying love.

Or that Caitlin has to go leave the team for a while at the most critical time to investigate how she can get Killer Frost back..... Why it's so urgent and why it can't wait until after Thinker is defeated we are not told. Oh, and she winds up betraying the team in order to get Frost back. But it's fine, they forgive her instantly.

And can Barry get over his quarter life crisis already? Every time something bad happens he needs to go into his shell and become "I need to do this alone to protect my friends" Barry. Eye roll.

So yeah, the melodrama has grown old. With all of the options out there, with direct to streaming shows and such, why should I make time for these CW shows at all? Why would I rather watch this than Luke Cage? I still haven't watched Legion season 2.
    OK getting into this year's crossover, Flash episode - Cool they did Amazo in the 1st episode, very very cool they did the Smallville thing, I thought it was pretty funny, not even Stephen Amell can make that new Flash suit look good (Specifically the Helmet), Cool having Superman around.

Arrows episode - Seeing Gotham was cool, nice nod to all the Batman villains in Arkham, Batwoman was OK, all I was thinking the whole time though was (Man it would be so cool if this was Batman), And it was awesome seeing the 90's Flash. And I guess at the end the Black suit Superman is supposed to be like Ultraman?

Still it's been fun so far, glade they didn't ad Legends into it, just far to many characters with them in it.
  • batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    This crossover was surprisingly watchable and enjoyable. Plenty of cheese cringe groan and eye rolling, but for these shoes, not nearly as much over the whole thing as usually within one random episode of any one of them alone. Lois was awful. Monitor was pretty cool. The scientist bad guy was awful. 90sflash was great. Batwoman was fine (in costume). New flash suit is goofy and arrow in it looked ridiculous. All in all though, it’s really the most tolerable any of these shows have been.

They really are hard to watch. they’re so bad. I wish I weren’t so addicted to this stuff.
    batlaw said:

This crossover was surprisingly watchable and enjoyable. Plenty of cheese cringe groan and eye rolling, but for these shoes, not nearly as much over the whole thing as usually within one random episode of any one of them alone. Lois was awful. Monitor was pretty cool. The scientist bad guy was awful. 90sflash was great. Batwoman was fine (in costume). New flash suit is goofy and arrow in it looked ridiculous. All in all though, it’s really the most tolerable any of these shows have been.

They really are hard to watch. they’re so bad. I wish I weren’t so addicted to this stuff.

I disagree with you in that I think Arrow this season has been really good. The rest aren't amazing.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 35
    Without going into spoilers what was teased for the next one is exciting but also makes you wonder what will happen with the flash show as that has been talked about since season one.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I think my family mostly current. This season is really grating on me. I don't like Nora as a character in this. She's too old and Barry and Iris are too young. I just don't feel Barry has the worldly wisdom yet to be a father to her. He seems overly comfortable in the role, yet he's never had a baby. As far as we can tell in the show, he's not grown up with a baby and what that's like to see her go through all the growth stages, yet he talks to her as Joe talks to him. I believe Joe has the experience to say and act the way he does, I just see Barry as a kid still. Maybe I'm just too old? That said, my family still loves the series, but I'm getting a little tired of it and that saddens me. We've enjoyed the parts of Elseworlds that we've seen. Maybe we'll finish it up tonight.
  • batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I don’t care for her her either. She became annoying real quick.
    I don't think your suppose to like her, because there's clearly something up with her.
    Man there are so many rumors happening around this crossover. Their working on trying to get Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum in this, Kristen Kreuk said she would play Lana again in this if they want her? I'm sure if Tom gets in I bet the other 2 will as well.

Also people are saying Mark Hamill might play a future Joker. If they can have Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill play Batman and Joker on a live action thing? That might be the coolest thing DC has done in live action.

I read even Helen Slater returning as Super-Girl is in the realm of possibilities.

Tom Welling is confirmed for the crossover. Very cool.

The red headed step-show is finally getting included. I wondered if anyone from the show was going to be asked.

https://www.thewrap.com/ashley-scott-to-reprise-huntress-from-birds-of-prey-tv-series-for-crisis-on-infinite-earths-crossover/amp/