Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

February 2018 Comics Solicitations (December Previews) | What Looks Good?

Local comic shoppers, tighten up your pull-lists. Early birds, prepare to place your pre-orders here: DCBService.com. Online orders begin around December 5th and end around December 24th.

+++++++++++++

Check out the following links:

+ 451 Media Group
+ Aardvark Vanaheim Comics
+ AC Comics
+ Action Lab Entertainment
+ Action Lab Danger Zone
+ Amigo Comics
+ Archie Comics
+ Aspen Comics
+ Blackbox Comics
+ Bongo Comics
+ BOOM! Studios
+ Chapterhouse Comics
+ Dark Horse Comics
+ DC Comics
+ Devils Due/1First Comics
+ Dynamite Entertainment
+ IDW Publishing
+ Image Comics
+ Marvel Comics
+ ONI Press
+ Red 5 Comics
+ Space Goat Publishing
+ Titan Comics
+ Valiant Entertainment
+ Zenescope Entertainment

So what's going into your shopping cart? Or on your pull-list? You may want to wait until we can all go through the official catalogue with @Adam_Murdough, @Pants, @ShaneKelly, and @wildpigcomics as they post their next Previews podcast episode (likely within the first week or so of December), before you decide to finalize your order.

If you know of any publishers that were been left out, but who have solicits for February 2018 up on the web, please add that in a reply comment to this thread. Also of note, there is usually a Free PDF version of Previews posted online here around the first week of the month.

++++++++

Check for any other solicits at the following sites: Previews World, FirstComicsNews.com, ComicList.com, ConstantCollectible.com, ComicsContinuum.com, Newsarama.com

Comments

• mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Thank you for making these posts every month @bralinator
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    You’re welcome, @mphil! Just happy to contribute something to one of my favorite online communities. Hope it helps everyone find some items to preorder, which helps sustain the comics industry.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    @bralinator the image like appears to be broken.
    hauberk said:

Thanks for catching that, @hauberk

It's fixed now, but here is the direct link: https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/image-comics-february-2018-solicitations/
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

hauberk said:

Thanks for catching that, @hauberk

It's fixed now, but here is the direct link: https://www.firstcomicsnews.com/image-comics-february-2018-solicitations/
    Thanks,

I would have tossed a similar link in, but was exploring on my phone and didn't think of using"-comics" as a part of the url.
    At first pass, I'm interested in the following:

Afterlife With Archie Volume 2 TPB (Archie)
    Jim Henson's Labyrinth (BOOM!)
    Planet of the Apes Archive Vol. 3: Quest for the Planet of the Apes (BOOM!)
    The Originals: The Essential Edition HC (Dark Horse)
    Sheriff of Babylon: Deluxe Edition HC (DC)
    Ex Machina: The Complete Series Omnibus HC (DC)
    Star Trek TNG: Mirror Broken TPB (IDW)
    VS #1 (Image)
    Moonshine #7 (Image)
    Black Panther Annual #1 (Marvel)
    Infinity Countdown: Adam Warlock One-Shot (Marvel)
    Thanos: The Infinity Siblings OGN-HC (Marvel)
  • Marvel
    Captain America #698
    Spider-Gwen #29
    Jessica Jones #17
    Black Panther #170
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #29
    Hawkeye #15

Dark Horse
    Dept. H #23
    Empowered & Sistah Spooky’s High School Hell #3
    Koshchei the Deathless #2

DC
    The Terrifics #1 (the deja vu edition)
    Young Monsters in Love #1 — Gonna be worth it for the art alone
    Aquaman #33
    Mera: Queen of Atlantis #1
    Batman: Creature of the Night #3
    Future Quest Presents #7

IDW
    The Highest House #1 — Carey and Gross reunited
    The Spider King #1 — Sounds like another Lake of Fire, but the art looks cool. I'll give it a try.

Descender #27
    I Hate Fairyland #16
    The Family Trade #5
    The Gravediggers Union #4
    Mage: The Hero Denied #6
    Motor Crush #10
    Paper Girls #20
    Royal City #10
    Rumble #3

Other
    Fu Jitsu #5
    Archie #28
    Lumberjanes #47
    Adventure Time vol. 14 TP
    Wonton Soup: Big Bowl Edition TP
    Atlas & Axis #2
    I was surprised to see Rick Veitch's The One coming out from IDW completely remastered with new scans and updated color, all overseen by Veitch himself. Slipped under my radar.
  • I was surprised to see Rick Veitch's The One coming out from IDW completely remastered with new scans and updated color, all overseen by Veitch himself. Slipped under my radar.

I remember us talking about it back in May on the “Comic Cover a Day...” thread when you linked to the announcement. And I'm still not interested. My cheap back issues will do just fine for that particular series.

I was surprised to see Rick Veitch's The One coming out from IDW completely remastered with new scans and updated color, all overseen by Veitch himself. Slipped under my radar.

I remember us talking about it back in May on the “Comic Cover a Day...” thread when you linked to the announcement. And I'm still not interested. My cheap back issues will do just fine for that particular series.
    As will my weathered TPB, just hadn't heard much about it since May.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    The Tide cover is still one of my favorites.

Rick Veitch had some great covers. Even his trades were great. I love the cowboy boot cover to Brat Pack.
    The Black Panther annual #1 looks good. Three great creators on that.
  • My love for Paper Girls is over. I quit.

It has nothing to do with Chiang's still terrific art. It's the writing. The usually brilliant Vaughan has fallen into the "Lost" trap (a show for which he wrote, so he should know better) of rapidly setting up more and more mysteries while offering few-to-no answers along his long, long road. It's been 18 issues now and I haven't a clue what's going on. I often doubt Vaughan has a clue. I wish this title had been a 6-issue mini, I wish something like an announced finale would force him to show his hand already, even partially so. (Additionally, I have no clue what kind of play-act game Vaughan's letter column is; I gave up trying to guess that ten or eleven issues ago.)

I'm now simply going to wait until I hear the title's ended, then I'll read Wikipedia's Paper Girls summary to see if Vaughan ever gave any answers as to what the hell was going on in this book.

In the meantime, I am still loving Saga, and still pushing Vaughan's fantastic Y: The Last Man and The Private Eye on anyone I know who hasn't read them yet.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

My love for Paper Girls is over. I quit.

It has nothing to do with Chiang's still terrific art. It's the writing. The usually brilliant Vaughan has fallen into the "Lost" trap (a show for which he wrote, so he should know better) of rapidly setting up more and more mysteries while offering few-to-no answers along his long, long road. It's been 18 issues now and I haven't a clue what's going on. I often doubt Vaughan has a clue. I wish this title had been a 6-issue mini, I wish something like an announced finale would force him to show his hand already, even partially so. (Additionally, I have no clue what kind of play-act game Vaughan's letter column is; I gave up trying to guess that ten or eleven issues ago.)

I'm now simply going to wait until I hear the title's ended, then I'll read Wikipedia's Paper Girls summary to see if Vaughan ever gave any answers as to what the hell was going on in this book.

In the meantime, I am still loving Saga, and still pushing Vaughan's fantastic Y: The Last Man and The Private Eye on anyone I know who hasn't read them yet.

Yup, ditto that. Dropped off at #16.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Thanos: The Infinity Siblings - Ah, Marvel Cosmic as it should be.
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Thanos: The Infinity Siblings - Ah, Marvel Cosmic as it should be.

Thankfully Jim Starlin had turned in all of his scripts before his fallout with Tom Brevoort happened, leading to Starlin's departure from Marvel.