Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Crisis Tapes 17 Talkback: Crisis on Infinite Earths #4, Part 2

THIS IS IT! THE END OF THE WORLD! (1:22:56)

Listen here.

Comments

• Great episode as always, @Peter and @Adam_Murdough. The mention of Earth-8 reminded me of how disappointed I still am that DC didn't go with this plan even further after Infinite Crisis. I would have loved to have seen a 6 issue miniseries about Earth-8 fleshing out the history that a world featuring Kyle, Wally, Conner Hawke, and so on would have been like as the first heroes, as opposed to legacy ones.

I doubt we'll get anything today in 2017, but at least I have the Elseworlds running through my own head to work with!
  • Thor_ElThor_El Posts: 136
    Fantastic episode, gentlemen. The new flurry of activity with the Crisis Tapes has given me a reason to grab the trade off the shelf and give it a read again (mainly to follow along with your discussion).

I did have a thought spurred by your discussion of the Kimiyo Hoshi Doctor Light and Earth-8. In an earlier issue, the Monitor mentions that already he's lost some heroes that he needed for his plans. Is it possible that one of those heroes might have been a variant Hoshi Doctor Light (perhaps even the Earth-8 version), which propmpted him to alter his plans and thus forced him to "create" her? It might even go toward the Earth-1 Hoshi's seeming comfort with her powers and sense of purpose. The Monitor could have essentially grafted the variant Hoshi's skills and knowledge onto "our" version during her transformation. Just a thought.

Looking forward to the next episode.
  • I assume that this is Part 2 of 2...? I have never read Crisis #4 (I am reading along with the boys), and so I wanted to wait until their discussion of this issue was complete. And now? Now, I assume, I can read the issue (purchased at Wild Pig Comics, thank you!) and listen to hours of insightful entertainment!
  • Always great work, very much appreciated, gents.
  • PeterPeter Posts: 470

I assume that this is Part 2 of 2...? I have never read Crisis #4 (I am reading along with the boys), and so I wanted to wait until their discussion of this issue was complete. And now? Now, I assume, I can read the issue (purchased at Wild Pig Comics, thank you!) and listen to hours of insightful entertainment!

Yup! We cover the whole of issue #4 in the two parts.

Thanks for the comments! Good stuff to bounce off of the next time we record.
  • Great episode as always, @Peter and @Adam_Murdough. The mention of Earth-8 reminded me of how disappointed I still am that DC didn't go with this plan even further after Infinite Crisis. I would have loved to have seen a 6 issue miniseries about Earth-8 fleshing out the history that a world featuring Kyle, Wally, Conner Hawke, and so on would have been like as the first heroes, as opposed to legacy ones.

Love the idea of a Pre-Crisis Earth-8 story. That sounds great.
    Thor_El said:

I did have a thought spurred by your discussion of the Kimiyo Hoshi Doctor Light and Earth-8. In an earlier issue, the Monitor mentions that already he's lost some heroes that he needed for his plans. Is it possible that one of those heroes might have been a variant Hoshi Doctor Light (perhaps even the Earth-8 version), which propmpted him to alter his plans and thus forced him to "create" her? It might even go toward the Earth-1 Hoshi's seeming comfort with her powers and sense of purpose. The Monitor could have essentially grafted the variant Hoshi's skills and knowledge onto "our" version during her transformation. Just a thought.

I don't know why, in all these years, I never made that connection. I really like that idea. That makes a whole lot of sense.