Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comics and Things You Are Looking Forward To In 2018?

What is on the horizon for you? What's on your mind in 2018?

Comments

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I'll start: While I have not been as down on Marvel in the last few years as some, I will admit it has not been as strong of a time creatively as, say, five years ago.

I don't know what to expect from Cebulski as the new EIC, but I am interested to see what he tries.
    Something else: The line of comics that Karen Berger is overseeing at Dark Horse.

In particular I am looking forward to The Seeds by Nocenti and Aja, but in general I am glad to see Berger, who is connected to some of my favorite things ever, back editing a line of comics again.
    And to go from comics to comic movies for a second, that trailer for Black Panther looked amazing.
  • chrislchrisl Posts: 78
    In comics I’m looking forward to Green Lantern Earth-1.
    In comic book movies Black Panther and Avengers both look great but I think most looking forward to The Incredibles.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    edited January 2018
    The return of Lazarus and the Old Guard. Both stellar books from Greg Rucka (with Michael Lark and Erik Trautmann on Lazarus and Leandro Fernandez on Old Guard).
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited January 2018
    David_D said:

I don't know what to expect from Cebulski as the new EIC, but I am interested to see what he tries.

This is probably #1 for me. I've had a real hard time finding anything worth reading at Marvel over the last few years. I'm hoping Cebulski can make the talent and creative decisions needed to bring the company back to a place where I'm excited to read Marvel again.
  • PeterPeter Posts: 470
    - Green Lantern: Earth One by Hardman, Bechko and company for sure! Super curious to see their take.
    - Curious about all of those New Age of DC Heroes books, especially the Terrifics! Not sure they'll all be hits coming out of the fun that is Metal. But that one has the best bet.
    - Catching up on all of the new comicbook tv shows like the Netflix stuff, Runaways, Gifted. And the new shows like Black Lightning.
    - Black Panther movie!!!
  • Peter said:

- Curious about all of those New Age of DC Heroes books, especially the Terrifics! Not sure they'll all be hits coming out of the fun that is Metal. But that one has the best bet.

I'm psyched about The Terrifics as well. Any book co-starring Plastic Man is going to get my attention.

• BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Original Devilman & Cutie Honey manga getting released in English.

The Reverie finally happening in One Piece after being mentioned around 4 years ago.

Comic-to-cartoon adaptations I'm excited for: second season of Seven Deadly Sins, third season of My Hero Academia, second season of The Disastrous Life of Saiki K., Junji Ito Collection, Pop Team Epic, Lupin III Part V, and most of all Devilman Crybaby in 4 days time.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Welcome back Mr. Rios.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I'm down with the Cutie Honey release as well @Brack

Other stuff for 2018:

- The continued release of Arakawa Under the Bridge by Vertical throughout the year. This book is by and large the *reason* I read funnybooks. I love damn near every page of it.
    - Plowing further through my Vampirella Archives. I'm only on volume 5. Look they're HEAVY, people! :D
    - Still being a proud card-carrying member of the DC Nation - Batman, Supergirl, Suicide Squad, and oh my god Wonder Woman are all knocking it out of the park for me right now.
    - Getting more work done on my own books. Working on being a better "shill" and expanding my reach beyond my little patch of desert. I hear there's this internet thing...
    - TV and Movies: Supergirl and the Flash both had great seasons thus far this year. Black Panther looks amazing. Interested in seeing what they do with Black Lightning and the Titans series...especially the Titans series.
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    The Marvel Epic Collections - This line has continued far longer than I expected. There are books on the schedule until at least late Summer.

• CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited January 2018
    What comics stuff am I most looking forward to in 2018? I just was talking about several collections that caught my eye the other day! (Granted two of these came out at the ass end on 2017..but still, I won't get them in my grubby hands until 2018)

• PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Black Lightning vol.2 - pretty sure I preordered that as well. Not sure those stories will stand the test of time, but it's nice to have them all in one collection.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I was lucky enough to get the Swamp Thing Bronze Age Omnibus for Christmas. Can’t wait to get into that.

Also really looking forward the culmination of the MCU in Avengers Infinity War.

More Saga

Looking forward to what Bendis has planned at DC too.