Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Which 2018 movies are you most excited for?

I looked at the cast list for Ant-Man and the Wasp, saw that Jimmy Woo was cast and thought where is the only place that will care how excited I got to see that? Right here in the CGS forums! So who else is hyped for that and also what else are you excited for in 2018?

Comments

• bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Jimmy Woo will be in Ant Man and the Wasp? Awesome! I really came to enjoy his character in the Agents of Atlas series. It's similar to what has me excited for Black Panther, all the characters and nods to the amazing Christopher Priest Panther series.

I'm also looking forward to Infinity War, but if you look at my posts in the Pimp Your Podcast thread and see I have an Adam Warlock and Thanos podcast you will know I am contractually obligated to be excited for that one! ;)
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    edited January 2018
    Isle of Dogs. Wes Anderson doing another stop-motion animated film—I'm in.
  • BrackBrack Posts: 868
    edited January 2018
    In looking up 2018 releases I see there's a movie based on Pat Mills and Tony Skinner's comic Accident Man out here soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4g-M3vjxi8

It's one of those cheap action films full of stunt men and martial artists getting the chance to act (the director is also from the stunt world), but it might be fun once its on a streaming service.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to Early Man (the new Nick Park film), Black Panther, Isle of Dogs, The New Mutants, The Predator (Shane Black!), Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and Mirai of the Future (the new Mamoru Hosoda).

And because it makes a nice follow up to our Ghost in the Shell podcast last year, I'm also looking forward to Alita: Battle Angel...
  • Like most I'm excited for all of the Marvel Studios movies coming out in 2018 (Black Panther, Avengers Infinity War, Ant Man and The Wasp). I'm also looking forward to The New Mutants and Deadpool 2. However, ever since I learned of Donald Glover's casting as Lando Calrissian in Solo: A Star Wars Story, I think this is the movie I'm most excited about. Having Emilia Clarke in the cast doesn't hurt either!
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The first comic I ever bought for myself - not reading anyone else's copies but picking it out off the rack at a convenience store and asking, nay begging, my Dad to buy for me - was Black Panther.

So obviously I'm waiting for Deadpool 2. :D
  • Ha, nicely done Torchsong! Thanks for the welcome David_D.
  • The LanternCast does an episode on this every year (LINK PROVIDED IF YOU CARE TO LISTEN)

But my personal top 5...(I excluded most major comic films so my list would be more diverse. Still looking forward to those films!)

1) Venom
    2) Spider-Man: Into the SpiderVerse
    3) Wrinkle in Time
    4) Ready Player One
    5) Mary Poppins Returns

5) Mary Poppins Returns

I have high hopes for this one, but I'm tempering my excitement until I see more about it, and the approach they're taking.
  • 5) Mary Poppins Returns

I have high hopes for this one, but I'm tempering my excitement until I see more about it, and the approach they're taking.
    Yep. 100%. It's really only on my list because of how much I remember about the original Mary Poppins despite not having seen it for at LEAST 15 years. I remember almost every scene and watching it with my sister. So I must have made an impact on me. Excited to see where we go, but it could still crap out I suppose. Just need a trailer or two.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    As an unabashed Mary Poppins fan, I've got high hopes for Mary Poppins Returns.

This has a high probability of being my daughter's first theater movie
  • I didn't realize they were making a new Mary Poppins movie. My girlfriend is a big Mary Poppins fan so she'll be excited. We watched it together a few months back, it was the first time I'd seen it since I was a little kid. I bought her a Mary Poppins Funko Pop as a little gift shortly after because she reminds me of her, she reciprocated by getting me a Carl Funko Pop from the Pixar movie Up lol.
  • 1) Avengers Infinity War
    2) Black Panther (although I'm a bit disappointed that the revolution will not be televised)
    3) Ant Man and The Wasp
    4) Deadpool 2
    5) Oceans 8
    6) Ready Player One
    7) The Irishman (Scorcese, Deniro, Pacino, the mob ... 'nuff said)
    8) Aquaman (Haven't seen Justice League yet, but Jason Mamoa looked pretty funny in the various trailers. If it turns out he sucked in it, then I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks)
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

2) Black Panther (although I'm a bit disappointed that the revolution will not be televised)

Heh.
  • bats00 said:

Jimmy Woo will be in Ant Man and the Wasp? Awesome! I really came to enjoy his character in the Agents of Atlas series. It's similar to what has me excited for Black Panther, all the characters and nods to the amazing Christopher Priest Panther series.

I'm also looking forward to Infinity War, but if you look at my posts in the Pimp Your Podcast thread and see I have an Adam Warlock and Thanos podcast you will know I am contractually obligated to be excited for that one! ;)

Yeah I hope I didn't ruin anything for Pants if he ever just peruses these posts but I got excited after seeing that cast. I was so fascinated by that Agents of Atlas series from the late 2000's (right after Secret Invasion) and all the 50's Atlas characters that were included in the team line-up. The mystery of the silent and stoic M-11. How could anybody not love Gorrilla Man? I don't know when that version of Venus has ever been better used? Netflix Agents of Atlas???

On a movie note I need to get to Black Panther and wash the taste of Episode 8 from my palate... then it's Infinity War and a jam packed summer by the looks of it. I want both the Aquaman and Flash movies to be fun and do well and not be bad experiences for audiences. Please Warner Bros, you can do it. I know they can do it.

Third and final note how do people think that Mutants and or the FF character trees will first show up and where in the MCU? Who will it be first and in which movie?
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128

Fantastic Mr Fox is one of the gems of the past ten years

DAR said:

Fantastic Mr Fox is one of the gems of the past ten years

It was a very good film, and this new one looks like it might top it.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited January 2018
    Well, “excited” as in ‘I’ll see them in the theatre’ are the 3 MCU movies. Possibly X-Men: Dark Phoenix & the Solo movie...they’re close to the 50/50 mark.

There’s a bunch I’m looking forward to seeing on Netflix:

Mission: Impossible 6
    Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    Deadpool 2
    Tomb Raider
    Halloween
    From a CBM standpoint everything I'm seeing from Black Panther so far has been nothing short of great. I have feeling this could break out in big way.

I'm a little surprised this one wasn't mentioned, but the Incredibles 2
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I don't know if it's one of the movies I'm most excited for, but I'm sure my kids will want to go see Teen Titans GO! to the Movies this July. I'm totally okay with this.

https://youtu.be/p4HrpCPquk4
  • BryanBryan Posts: 207
    fredzilla said:

I don't know if it's one of the movies I'm most excited for, but I'm sure my kids will want to go see Teen Titans GO! to the Movies this July. I'm totally okay with this.

https://youtu.be/p4HrpCPquk4

Mine too - they love the show.

• Really looking forward to Black Panther the most. Deadpool 2 just a hair behind it, then Antman & Wasp.
    This can't be good but New Mutants which was scheduled for April has been pushed back to February 2019

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-gambit-new-mutants-get-new-release-dates-1073560
  • @DAR It makes sense to avoid the overlap. February might have been a light month for competing films, I haven’t checked though.

I’m more concerned about gambit losing a director. Any word on why?
  • DAR said:

This can't be good but New Mutants which was scheduled for April has been pushed back to February 2019

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-2-gambit-new-mutants-get-new-release-dates-1073560

I get a lot of grief because some of my favorite characters in the Marvel Universe are Venom (and the symbiotes) and Gambit. This Gambit thing has become ridiculous. Don't they know that the more the film is rumors and has assigned directors, release dates, etc and the more they change it, the less confidence people will have that it will be any good in the first place?

I mean I LOVE Gambit and desperately want to see a solo film, but the more this crap keeps happening, the more I can tell no matter what happens, it's going to be an awful film...
    SpanoMano said:

@DAR It makes sense to avoid the overlap. February might have been a light month for competing films, I haven’t checked though.

I’m more concerned about gambit losing a director. Any word on why?

Honestly I’ve had no interest in the film so I’m not sure why Gore Verbinski left
  • @DAR it looks like all of a sudden he had a scheduling conflict with the gambit film.

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited January 2018

I mean I LOVE Gambit and desperately want to see a solo film, but the more this crap keeps happening, the more I can tell no matter what happens, it's going to be an awful film...

Since you are used to this, I have to lay it in.

Are you a 37 year old woman? Because I have never heard a grown man say, much less type, those words.

As for the movie... You could always be a Ghost Rider fan...
  • mwhitt80 said:

Since you are used to this, I have to lay it in.

Are you a 37 year old woman? Because I have never heard a grown man say, much less type, those words.

As for the movie... You could always be a Ghost Rider fan...