Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    So from October this year until July 2019 there is a comic book related film on the schedule

October 5, 2018 - Venom

November 2, 2018 - Dark Phoenix

December 14, 2018 - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    December 21, 2018 - Aquaman

January 11, 2019 - Hellboy

February 8, 2019 - Silver and Black

February 22, 2019 - New Mutants

March 8, 2019 - Captain Marvel

April 5, 2019 - Untitled DC Film

May 3, 2019 - Untitled Avengers

June 7, 2019 - Gambit
    June 14, 2019 - Untitled DC Film

July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Homecoming 2
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    DAR said:

So from October this year until July 2019 there is a comic book related film on the schedule

October 5, 2018 - Venom

November 2, 2018 - Dark Phoenix

December 14, 2018 - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    December 21, 2018 - Aquaman

January 11, 2019 - Hellboy

February 8, 2019 - Silver and Black

February 22, 2019 - New Mutants

March 8, 2019 - Captain Marvel

April 5, 2019 - Untitled DC Film

May 3, 2019 - Untitled Avengers

June 7, 2019 - Gambit
    June 14, 2019 - Untitled DC Film

July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Homecoming 2

I want Giffen, DeMatteis, and Maguire to do a book called Untitled Avengers.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited January 2018
    Ha!
    You want to know what I am looking for (I think it's supposed to be 2019) Spawn.
  • Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited January 2018
    Writing a cease and desist letter was never an item on my bucket list, but tonight I had to do just that. A website was selling unauthorized hoodies and t-shirts of a Doctor Who/ Star Wars mashup that I had created and posted to my tumblr. site. last month. To site's credit, they responded immediately and took down all listings. After shooting the vendor that email, I also updated my original tumblr. post clarifying that this image is not to be used for monetary gain.

• luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Finally got round to watching The Dark Tower last night. So disappointed it didn’t live up to my hopes.

I think this has proved that it needs a HBO/Netflix/etc... TV show to really do it justice.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited January 2018
    Saw this image floating around online today. I guess they originally wanted Patrick Stewart to wear a wig for TNG. It's fair to say that the right choice was ultimately made.

Cowboy Bebop is going to be 20 years old in April. Still the coolest anime ever made.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    mwhitt80 said:

Cowboy Bebop is going to be 20 years old in April. Still the coolest anime ever made.

Indubitably.
    mwhitt80 said:

I watched that for the first time only a couple months ago. Loved it. It is indeed very cool.

Still trying to find the movie on tv somewhere though.
    mwhitt80 said:

Just rewatched the first episode the other night. This time I watched the original Japanese version with English subtitles.
    edited January 2018
    Sometimes your team does something special

https://youtu.be/OJzpoj_NxqQ

EDIT: YT blocked it already. Oh well, SKOL VIKINGS!!
    luke52 said:

mwhitt80 said:

I watched that for the first time only a couple months ago. Loved it. It is indeed very cool.

Have you seen the movie before?

It's like a long episode; I think that the only way to see it is by getting the DVD. While you are there you might as get the series.
  • Mr_Cosmic said:

Insane. Absolutely insane.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    mwhitt80 said:

luke52 said:

mwhitt80 said:

It's like a long episode; I think that the only way to see it is by getting the DVD. While you are there you might as get the series.
    I got the series a couple of months ago when it was $12-$13 on Amazon. Got halfway through it and decided to get the movie. I bought both the Blu-ray and DVD for about $25 (together) on Amazon. Still haven't seen it, but hopefully really soon. I got them both because I heard that the Blu-ray was a great transfer, but lacked all the special features. I got the DVD for the special features. It was as excellent as I heard.
    mwhitt80 said:

luke52 said:

mwhitt80 said:

Not yet, no.

Keeping an eye out for a deal on amazon though.

Watched Samurai Champloo after Cowboy, which was ok, but not as good. Some good episodes and some bad.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    luke52 said:

Watched Samurai Champloo after Cowboy, which was ok, but not as good. Some good episodes and some bad.

Yes, but have you watched Space Dandy? Still not as good as Bebop, but it's a lot of fun. A much worthier successor.
    No I haven’t. Will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.
    edited January 2018
    The best hip-hop anime is Afro Samurai.

Space Dandy is a whole lot of fun.

I've got my copy of Terror in Resonance (Watanabe also), but have not set down to watch more than the first two episodes.

Mr_Cosmic said:

Insane. Absolutely insane.
    Listen to the crowd...

https://youtu.be/18A9j5Hp0O0
    I'm no vikes fan, but ripping the hearts out of the Saints always makes me smile. So today I love the vikes just a little more.
    mwhitt80 said:

The best hip-hop anime is Afro Samurai.

Space Dandy is a whole lot of fun.

I've got my copy of Terror in Resonance (Watanabe also), but have not set down to watch more than the first two episodes.

I watched the first half dozen episodes of Terror. Didn’t do it for me.
  • Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited January 2018
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Saw this image floating around online today. I guess they originally wanted Patrick Stewart to wear a wig for TNG. It's fair to say that the right choice was ultimately made.

This photo is wrongly being attributed online as being some sort of test photo for the character's look. The image is actually an off-set photo from the Star Trek the Next Generations 5th season episode "Violations" which features a younger looking (i.e. with hair) Picard. The photo was also the inspiration for the artwork used to depict the Startrek Timelines in game character Stargazer Picard (shown below).

Mr_Cosmic said:

This photo is wrongly being attributed online as being some sort of test photo for the character's look. The image is actually an off-set photo from the Star Trek the Next Generations 5th season episode "Violations" which features a younger looking (i.e. with hair) Picard. The photo was also the inspiration for the artwork used to depict the Startrek Timelines in game character Stargazer Picard (shown below).

Wow, the internet fools me again. Thanks for the info!
    So i was going through my most recent dcbs box and there sat KoDT #250.
    250!

Anyway I knew I had a huge backlog, I've not read an issue since right before Luke was born. At that point I was almost all the way caught up, so last night I restarted.at the event I most clearly remember, the end of the world saga #180 (2011).
    I'm hoping to be near 200 by Friday then caught up to where I left off by the end of next week (220).
    Two years of unread awesome to push me through tax season
    I've discovered the joys of Hoopla Digital
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    DAR said:

For me, I have been a big fan of using a mobile app for my public library for borrowing audiobooks and a few e-books. New York Public Library had pushed me towards an application called Overdrive, but they may be on Hoopla as well.

I haven't played around with borrowing comics yet. Have you tried that? How is the Hoopla interface for reading?
    David_D said:

DAR said:

For me, I have been a big fan of using a mobile app for my public library for borrowing audiobooks and a few e-books. New York Public Library had pushed me towards an application called Overdrive, but they may be on Hoopla as well.

I haven't played around with borrowing comics yet. Have you tried that? How is the Hoopla interface for reading?
    Not yet. I've kind of been on this kick of borrowing some old live action Disney films from the 60's and 70's
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    edited January 2018
    David_D said:

Hoopla is awesome for comics, I am constantly amazed that it is legal :joy: Have been using it for about a year. I believe the list of titles changes depending upon your geographical region, but if you're a member of a big city's big library system (as I am lucky to be) then you'll find tons of comics - classic ones to relatively new ones - just waiting for you to read.