Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Twin Peaks Returns in 2016!

2»

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    OK.

Spoiler:

David Lynch as Gordon Cole delivering the line: “I hate to admit this but I don’t understand the situation at all.” may well be the most meta thing ever.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    WetRats said:

OK.

Spoiler:

David Lynch as Gordon Cole delivering the line: “I hate to admit this but I don’t understand the situation at all.” may well be the most meta thing ever.

That was pretty good.
  • Options
    It's really gut-wrenching watching the actors who I know have died since filming this.

Particularly Miguel Ferrer. One of the greatest faces ever filmed.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    I had little more than curiosity going in, but I've found this return to be absolutely amazing so far.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    WetRats said:

It's really gut-wrenching watching the actors who I know have died since filming this.

Particularly Miguel Ferrer. One of the greatest faces ever filmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFwoPwWYIBI
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Only seen the first 3 episodes of season 3. And loving it. Been a fan of Twin Peaks since it started over 2 decades ago. And figured I would have hyped this season 3 up so much in my mind it wouldn't live up to my expectations.

It lived up to them and exceeded them.
  • Options
    This is so freaking good!
  • Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163
    edited June 2017
    WetRats said:

Watched episode 4 last night.

It felt a lot more like the TV show.

I totally agree! Overall I'm enjoying the series because I love David Lynch's work but episode 4 was my favorite episode thus far because it was the closest to feeling like I was watching the TV series. When they played Laura Palmer's theme during that one scene, I actually got a little teary. I'm still missing the cool jazzy score that played through most of the TV series.
  • Options
    Dman said:

I'm still missing the cool jazzy score that played through most of the TV series.

I'm not. It's overuse was one of the reasons I couldn't make it through my recent rewatch attempt.

It's great music, but dang it got old.
  • Options
    A theory: Gordon Cole is Becky's father.
  • Options
    The payoff to Jacoby's shovels was a great example of why this is the funniest show on TV right now.

Nu-Truman's nagging wife was a hoary old bit though. Well performed, but would have felt like something from another decade even if it was in the original Twin Peaks.
  • Options
    Brack said:

Nu-Truman's nagging wife was a hoary old bit though. Well performed, but would have felt like something from another decade even if it was in the original Twin Peaks.

I take this back a bit with the explanation of their situation in this week's episode. And in an episode with multiple homicides, Chad is still somehow the worst.

• Options
    Brack said:

And in an episode with multiple homicides, Chad is still somehow the worst.

The evil of banality.
  • Options
    Well that episode will certainly sort the wheat from the chaff!
  • Options
    Now stuff starts to pay off!

Amazing misdirection in episode 2, with the weirdness involving Cooper being so weird you don't even question who that cockney wearing one green gardening glove to a nightclub is hanging out with James. 12 episodes later and apparently it's potentially incredibly important!

And any worries that Grace Zabriskie was being under utilised rapidly evaporate this episode too.

• Options
    Try not to let the Brando character take you out of the moment when you get there.
  • Options
    The Wally Brando scene was sublime.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

If it were any other actor, maybe, but Cera's visage doesn't help suspend disbelief
  • Options

WetRats said:

If it were any other actor, maybe, but Cera's visage doesn't help suspend disbelief
    I thought Cera was perfectly cast for the delicate balance of self-parody and sincerity that the character represents.
  • Options
    Brack said:

WetRats said:

I thought Cera was perfectly cast for the delicate balance of self-parody and sincerity that the character represents.
    Like seeing Bill Murray or Woody Allen in most roles, I just can't suspend my disbelief enough anymore.
  • Options

Brack said:

WetRats said:

Like seeing Bill Murray or Woody Allen in most roles, I just can't suspend my disbelief enough anymore.
    Sounds like a failing on your part, not theirs.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Brack said:

WetRats said:

Sounds like a failing on your part, not theirs.
    Oh yes, it's my fault for sure.
  • Options
    chrislchrisl Posts: 78
    So earlier today I finished the season and I’m not sure what I watched. But I do know I want another season.
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    edited January 2018
    I feel like I want a season just based on the last few minutes of the last episode. But then I feel like that's me being selfish - because I want answers. The rest of the season, I was so turned off by, that if it didn't have those last scenes, I'm not sure I'd care.

I even did a great Twin Peaks rewatch/watch of all the previous stuff in time to watch the new season. And it still didn't hit home for me outside of a few episodes.

Did I hear they might do another movie?
  • Options
    chrislchrisl Posts: 78
    Peter said:

I feel like I want a season just based on the last few minutes of the last episode. But then I feel like that's me being selfish - because I want answers. The rest of the season, I was so turned off by, that if it didn't have those last scenes, I'm not sure I'd care.

I even did a great Twin Peaks rewatch/watch of all the previous stuff in time to watch the new season. And it still didn't hit home for me outside of a few episodes.

Did I hear they might do another movie?

If there is another season it'll probably focus on Cooper and where he's found myself.
    Personally I wouldn't mind more of the Las Vegas storyline especially Naomi Watts yelling at people. That was one my favorite parts.
    I haven't seen anything about a movie, but it would be interesting choice for Lynch.