Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What Is Your CGS Claim To Fame?

I thought it might be fun for the forum members to share their own "CGS Claim To Fame". I myself had the privilege of introducing an episode of CGS way back in October of 2010, the episode was CGS: Episode 949 Thor: First Thunder #2. I believe around this time Peter was contacting some of the long time listeners to see if they would like to record an intro for an episode of the podcast. I also had an email read on the show by Peter but I have no idea anymore what episode it was on. The email was basically about what month and year the CGS show numbering would be estimated to surpass the numbering of the longest running comics like Amazing Spider-Man, Detective Comics, and Action Comics. The CGS show has long since accomplished this feat lol.

Have you introduced an episode of CGS, had a voicemail played, email read or by chance muddled the Murd? What is your "CGS Claim To Fame"? Please share!

Comments

• chrislchrisl Posts: 78
    I got a shout out when I met them at New York Comic Con in 2007. There was also a big CGS meet up/dinner at that con. Good times.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited January 2018
    Nothing too big..just my name mentioned a few times on air. I made a joke on the forums that was referenced on air, a shout out from Pants after meeting him at the old SpringCon in the Twin Cities, one Stump the Rios, and a Muddle the Murd. I honestly don't remember the outcomes of my "stump" and 'muddle" submissions.
  • Oh wow.

I had to really dig to find it.

But WAYYYYYY back on CGS: Episode 1082, Peter had me come on to talk 'War of the Green Lanterns' with Shane, Mike, Pants, and himself. Since I was then a part of the LanternCast podcast (and now am running it with my co-host Mark) I suppose they needed a Green Lantern "expert".

But there have been other times. LanternCast won best in show or whatever one year at SuperShow. Murd mentioned Ragman once or twice on the show and threw in a shoutout to myself and my Ragman blog. Murd came on a full episode of the LanternCast to review 'Zero Hour' once, that was fun.

Geez. It's been a REALLY long while since I've spoken to any of the geeks directly. I'd say we should rectify that soon but GL isn't the interest driver he once was....so unless they want to talk about the new Ragman mini-series (currently on issue 4 of 6), then I guess I don't have much opportunity to talk with them.

That's actually kinda sad.

Look what you did! Making me sad over here.

Haha, teasing.
  • I have both muddled, and been muddled.

End of list.
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I have a "Freckin Sweer" award from the guys...they never really told me what it was for. I think for being a constant annoya...I mean presence on the forums. :) It is in one of my statue cases guarded by a Superman statue and next to a prop Red Skirts laser gun a friend of mine made. True places of honor, I assure you.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I created @Adam_Murdough. And I like breasts...but mostly that Adam creation.
    Matt said:

If I remember correctly you also came up with the nickname for @Pants .
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    chrisl said:

Matt said:

If I remember correctly you also came up with the nickname for @Pants .
    I was going to save that for page 2 of the thread.
  • I bought the Shiznit Pimp his cup, created the disastrous Jamie D soundboard that Brian used to crank call some people, and I turned those sound clips into an amorous Jamie D message to The Rios.
  • PeterPeter Posts: 470

I myself had the privilege of introducing an episode of CGS way back in October of 2010, the episode was CGS: Episode 949 Thor: First Thunder #2. I believe around this time Peter was contacting some of the long time listeners to see if they would like to record an intro for an episode of the podcast.

Great topic!

Yup - as CGS was nearing 1000 at that time, it was a fun way to say thanks to longtime listeners for the journey. I know there were listeners who were missed but the creativity in some of those intros was a blast.
    edited January 2018
    chrisl said:

I got a shout out when I met them at New York Comic Con in 2007. There was also a big CGS meet up/dinner at that con. Good times.

Was that the Chinese food place or the pizza place?
    edited January 2018

I bought the Shiznit Pimp his cup, created the disastrous Jamie D soundboard that Brian used to crank call some people, and I turned those sound clips into an amorous Jamie D message to The Rios.

That was from you?! I'm not sure I knew that. :lol:
    Peter said:

chrisl said:

Was that the Chinese food place or the pizza place?
    Hmm, I don’t remember. All I remember was that a few people were in the front room and the rest of us (about twenty) were in the next room. I do know I had good time. Thank you.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    CGS #727 Cap Reborn #4

I also did an introduction. I would like a do over on that though.

Side note I am available for more work and can pretend I read something other than Scooby-Doo comics.
  • edited January 2018
    Sponsored some functions.
    2010 Freaking Sweer award winner.
    2010 CGS Supershow-fer
    2011 CGS Supershow-fer
    Made it it to an anniversary taping.
    I was and always will be the Shiznit Pimp’s pimp hand.
    All around OG.

What up y’all? It’s been a minute hasn’t it?
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

Sponsored some functions.
    2010 Freaking Sweer award winner.
    2010 CGS Supershow-fer
    2011 CGS Supershow-fer
    Made it it to an anniversary taping.
    I was and always will be the Shiznit Pimp’s pimp hand.
    All around OG.

What up y’all? It’s been a minute hasn’t it?

Welcome back @Darth_Knight_lives !
    Whoa! J!!! That is a blast from the past for sure!! Nice to "see" you!
  • Gentlemen. It is my pleasure.

How have you been Peter?
  • Nice! Thanks for sharing everyone. It's nice to see some old familiar names back on the forum :)
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Stumped the Rios 3 or 4 times ;) still waiting on the prizes

Was on the Conan episode of Comics with or without Pulp.

dubbat138 said:

Stumped the Rios 3 or 4 times ;) still waiting on the prizes

Me too! Oh wait... :lol:

Do you remember which episodes?
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    No clue. Got sent two prizes back in 2008. Then in 2010 iirc you contacted me for my address. It's no biggie.