Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Facebook Live Comic Sales

PSUriviePSUrivie Posts: 12
Hey guys, I have recently stumbled across comics shops and individuals auctioning/selling comics on Facebook live. I have to admit, I'm addicted to watching some of these live feeds. I haven't really bought anything. I'm more curious and confused at the price people are paying for some of these books. Most of the books I see are ones that belong in the $1 bins at Wild Pigs. However, people are paying sometimes double digit numbers for these books. I also have a problem with people grading these books on the fly. Selling a CGC graded slab is different, but if I'm selling a Cap #109, look it and say, "Uhhhhh..it's an 8.5 to me" drives me insane. How do you guys feel about it?

Comments

• Options
    Auctions make people do stupid things if they go in without a plan. I rarely buy a comic I can't inspect in person, and I never buy slabbed comics. Of course, I've never paid more than $20 for a comic either, and I can count on two hands the number of times I’ve spent more than $10 on a comic, so I'm probably not the guy to ask.