Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Crisis Tapes Talkback - Episode 10: Crisis on Infinite Earths #1, Part 1

2»

Comments

• DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    How are those issues so damn cheap? Its a festivus miracle!
  • How are those issues so damn cheap? Its a festivus miracle!

There was a time when the book was saturating the market. Now, the number of people who buy back issue comics, especially those collected in trade numerous times, is pretty small. It's a very different market than it was 15 years ago.
  • JDickJDick Posts: 206
    I've read Crisis a few times and I never really picked up that the hand was Anti-Monitor.
    I always kind of assumed it was the hand of the DC creators from (I guess) Earth Prime.
  • CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited February 2018
    Hi yes, I'm responding to a three year old page? I'm looking for an , uh....let's see here....@Adam_Murdough is he still around?

But seriously, I CERTAINLY don't mean to resurrect such an old thread and if I could just respond without bumping I definitely would! It's been awhile since I've listened to episodes of CGS as they come out. Having my own shows and blogs as well as changes in job responsibilities, I keep ducking in and out and listening to cherry picked episodes when I want to catch up. Unfortunately I missed this one!

Adam you asked about the White Lantern entity and if Geoff Johns' explanation of the beginnings of the Universe during 'Blackest Night' contradicts or can work with the CoIE issue one intro.

From a certain point of view, I believe it can.

First, Nekron calls "the Entity" specifically "trespasser" & "invader" multiple times.

Second, in 'Green Lantern #52', Sinestro, while possessed by 'The Entity' says the following, "I see your birth. Your violent entrance into the barren and endless space. Sent here by accident or with purpose, Krona does not even know. Casting your presence across the entire universe. Light fighting back darkness by creating the stars and planets."

Lastly in CoIE #1 it says "In the beginning there was only one, a single black infinitude. So cold and dark for so very long the even the burning light was imperceptible. But the light grew and the infinitude shuddered and the darkness finally screamed, as much in pain as in relief."

That seems to jibe. Nekron is mad at the Entity and wants to return the universe to darkness and nothingness that he once ruled over before the Entity "trespassed" into his realm. If you look at the "burning light" as The Entity and "the Darkness" as Nekron, it makes sense. Especially with the line from Sinestro just mentioned, "Casting your presence across the entire Universe" (which meshes with "the light grew" from CoIE) as well as "Light fighting back darkness" from Sinestro (which meshes with "the darkness finally screamed".

So I see no contradiction between the origins in CoIE #1 and Blackest Night. It's just missing time. The first two panels of "darkness" with the light growing are the origins of the Universe. Then, in the space BETWEEN panel 2 and 3 (where it says "For in that instant a multiverse was born.") Krona does his experiment on Oa.

Sorry for the 3 year late reply Murd!