Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1664 Talkback - August 2017 Previews

Time again to go through the Previews catalog. We cover the August 2017 catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in October. (1:08:45)

Listen here.

Comments

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    @Adam_Murdough, Whiteout is really darn good. The follow-up story is pretty good too.
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    edited August 2017
    Another great Previews episode, @Pants and @Adam_Murdough!

After hearing the premise for Garth Ennis' upcoming comic JIMMY'S BASTARDS, I started wondering if Ennis had read IDW's 2013 comic THE ILLEGITIMATES - also about a group of illegitimate offspring of James Bond.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited August 2017
    Thanks guys! Fun episode. Would've enjoyed hearing Shane and Chris weigh in also, but without them we got more @Pants

Wondering if we will be hearing from @Dani on a future episode. It's been a while.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Going through my orders, and I love when Marvel puts out an Omnibus of stuff that makes no sense and should be forgotten.
    Daredevil Shadowland Omnibus - the title sounds cool, the premise should be cool, but to describe the actual event as dog crap offends canines.
    So if you are wanting to get this wait. I promise you that it will be in the Marvel Omnibus blowouts they always have. Marvel could print 5 of these and they would be in the blowout section.
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    @Adam_Murdough I too liked Whiteout, though I only have a few sporadic issues. I DID like the movie, too! It's funny, I'm starting to narrow down my DC and Marvel Previews selections to about 10 comics per company and now about 10 from Image and the rest spread among IDW, Darkhorse, BOOM! and a couple others. I also notice that I love getting comics that have letter's sections in them. Image has more than a few of those like Walking Dead, Invincible, Lazarus (+X66), Paper Girls and usually Savage Dragon. I can also add Kill or Be Killed because of the back matter. That was an interesting Muddle-the-Murd segment. That was good of the guy to donate his prize to the Wild Pig Sale. COOL!
  • Another great Previews episode, @Pants and @Adam_Murdough!

After hearing the premise for Garth Ennis' upcoming comic JIMMY'S BASTARDS, I started wondering if Ennis had read IDW's 2013 comic THE ILLEGITIMATES - also about a group of illegitimate offspring of James Bond.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Apologies to @BionicDave - due to a quirk of the forum software, some posts of yours ended up in a spam queue. I fixed it so that should not happen to your posts again, but some old ones are now being delivered like you just made them.
  • @David_D Ha, that's hilarious. Thanks for fixing the glitch. NO WONDER nobody agreed with me that it's Klytus' hand we see at the end of 'Flash Gordon,' as I tried to post here in 1980..