Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1686 Talkback - Top 5 Legacy Heroes

2»

Comments

• You have delivered yet another thoughtful and entertaining Top 5 episode, gentlemen. I was pleasantly surprised that Murd reserved his top pick for Connor Hawke; I thought for sure Connor was going to be missed by the time you all arrived at your top picks. Connor has always been a favorite of mine for many of the same reasons that Murd mentioned, and one of my prized possessions (as seen below) is a page of original art by Will Rosado from Green Arrow 114 (a Final Night tie-in and my first Green Arrow comic).

As for my own list, I’m afraid it’s all DC. There are many characters I love from Marvel that would fit the legacy character definition, but I couldn’t leave any of these DC characters off of my final list.
    1. Starman (Jack Knight)
    2. Green Arrow (Connor Hawk)
    3. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
    4. Dick Grayson (mostly as Nightwing)
    5. Brainiac 5

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    The Phantom was mention, so I’ll throw out there Green Hornet. NOW comics made the Hornet a generational character. It was pretty cool to bring the character into the modern era that also acknowledged the history beforehand. They had a miniseries with the Green Hornet of the future, where the Reid & Kato families merged.

If you want to dismiss the NOW continuity, you can strip the Green Hornet down to this; Britt Reid is the great nephew of John Reid/The Lone Ranger.
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Matt said:

The Phantom was mention, so I’ll throw out there Green Hornet. NOW comics made the Hornet a generational character. It was pretty cool to bring the character into the modern era that also acknowledged the history beforehand. They had a miniseries with the Green Hornet of the future, where the Reid & Kato families merged.

If you want to dismiss the NOW continuity, you can strip the Green Hornet down to this; Britt Reid is the great nephew of John Reid/The Lone Ranger.

Lone Ranger/Green Hornet is a great catch.
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    I want to add The Escapist to my list.
  • mbatzmbatz Posts: 63
    My top Legacy character is ... no surprise ... Buffy the vampire slayer . Her whole deal is based on "legacy" I know this is half a cheat but at this point Buff has a rich and long comic book history
  • Here's a quick list of mine in no order

1. She-Hulk
    2. Ms. Marvel - Carol Danvers
    3. Teen Hulk - What If story "Hulk not digging this!"
    4. Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) - No real connection to original but liked the character.
    5. Spider-woman

My list could be considered the The League of Maintaining Copyrights!

John, I'm also a Monica Rambeau fan. Love that Roger Stern run on Avengers. Magniconte!