Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Detroit Comics in Ferndale, MI is closing.

Unfortunately we are losing a great comic shop here in the Detroit area. Detroit Comics located in Ferndale, MI is closing after 10 1/2 years in business and will start liquidation on February 17. If you know someone in the area let them know to help out with the liquidation. It bums me out because I was going to start a pull-list after hearing 50 stores closed in 2017. 2018 is not starting out so good either. Brian and his wife Lori ran a great and friendly store and the highlight being the Nerdy Book Club held every month at the store. The club will look to continue at another location. In my over 40 years of collecting I have only actually had two comic shops. This was one of them.

From their website:

Dear Loyal Customers and Friend,

It is with great disappointment to let you know we have decided to close Detroit Comics after 10 ½ years. We would like to thank everyone who has supported us through these years and we are extremely grateful to have become part of such a wonderful community. The store has given us a chance to make many new friends and we are humbled by all of the amazing people who have become part of our extended family. It was a difficult decision to make, but we feel it is time to start another adventure for ourselves, and we thank you for allowing us to serve you as your local comic book shop. Please keep reading and shopping local!

This will be the last week for new comics and the liquidation sale will start this Saturday February 17th at 10am and will continue until inventory is gone.
This sale will include every single item in our store including: comics, graphic novels, posters, prints, action figures, toys, and t-shirts.

All graphic novels – 30% off (unless marked lower)
All comics on racks (not including “New This Week”) – 50% off (unless marked lower)
All comic packs – 20% off
All posters/ prints/ t-shirts/ action figures – 50% off
All comic supplies – 20% off
All back issues in the bins – 70% off

We are closing our doors and all of our merchandise, store fixtures, and equipment must be sold. These will be priced and will have sale tags on them.

Once again, a big thank you to all our customer and subscription members! We are privileged to have met some of the smartest, interesting, and truly awesome people ever!

Sincerely,
Brian and Lori Kelly

https://thedetroitcomics.wordpress.com/

Comments