Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Crazy prices on digital trades on Amazon-Comixology-Kindle (Amazon Sale) - Digital Bin-diving!

2»

Comments

• TravisTravis Posts: 35
    Now Marvel is joining the Hoopla digital app. Looks like it will only be certain titles at least at the start. But great news nonetheless.

https://www.newsarama.com/37702-marvel-joins-free-public-library-digital-reading-platform-hoopla.html
  • Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    Yeah, the difference between Comixoogy's and Amazon's prices can be significant. However, whenever the prices on Comixology are the same or cheaper, I buy through them over Amazon, on account my local comic shop has a digital storefront that's linked to Comixology. In other words, the shop's website offers Comixology titles. The pricing should be the same as the titles offered on Comixology's main site, but the advantage of buying through the digital storefront is that the LCS gets a kickback (not much, but its a good way for digital adopters to still support their traditional brick and mortar shops). If your LCS doesn't have a Comixology digital storefront, consider supporting my LCS at the link below.

(Note: I'm not affiliated with the shop in any way other than that I shop there and that I'm good friends with the shop's personnel.)

https://comicsconspiracy.comicretailer.com/
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I just bought $200 worth of books for $13. Yikes!
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    $252.00 for 19.80
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    fredzilla said:

What’s worth buying? I got the Walt Simonson Thor run and Secret Empire. Already have The Vision. What are the essentials?
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    luke52 said:

fredzilla said:

What’s worth buying? I got the Walt Simonson Thor run and Secret Empire. Already have The Vision. What are the essentials?
    Thor Epic Collection: The Wrath of Odin — the peak of Kirby’s run on Thor.
    The Adventures of Captain America — maybe not essential, but a very fun story.
    Tomb of Dracula vol. 1
    Legion of Monsters — again, maybe not essential, but a fun story with crazy good artwork.
    The ’Nam vol. 1 and vol. 2
    And you can't go too wrong with any of the Archives (but start with Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD)
    I enjoy Wolverine/Nick Fury books. I bought those even though I own them. For .99 I don't have to go searching. There are some interesting hulk epics, Beauty and The Beast XMen trade, kazar, a bunch of other epics I don't own, and vision (never read).
    The Nam 1 & 2 are very good.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    That is a hell of a sale.

I have to say, though, that it reminds me what impact being a Marvel Unlimited user for years now has made on my reading, that instead of spending $1 to own something I know I want to eventually read, or re-read, digitally, I figure I will probably continue to pay that ~$5 month to keep reading recent and older books from Marvel, so something I would buy on Comixology and read on a rainy day becomes a long tail I can chase down on MU.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I made an error in judgement... Thought .69p on the whole Marvel Mangaverse. Yeah sure worth a try at that price. How wrong could I be? The Ghost Riders issue is incredible! I can’t believe Marvel allowed it to be published.
    Well that’s 69p and a couple hours of my life I’ll never get back