Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    Turns out Chinese takeout MIGHT have the same salt content as 5 Big Macs.
    Thanks BBC & More shocking headlines at 11.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    mwhitt80 said:

Turns out Chinese takeout MIGHT have the same salt content as 5 Big Macs.
    Thanks BBC & More shocking headlines at 11.

No, no, no. That was the story from two days ago: “McDonald’s Food Has More Calories, Sugar, and Salt Than 30 Years Ago”.
  • mwhitt80 said:

The BBC reported that Chinese takeout will ruin your salt intake for the day.

MSGed!

MSG gives me nightmares, night terrors, and hallucinations.

Like those dreams where you wake up terrified, relieved to find out its just a dream, but then notice dogs walking on the ceiling eating a baby and you're still asleep, and you wake up, relieved it's just a dream, and blood starts coming out of the walls, etc. etc. etc.....
    Tonebone said:

mwhitt80 said:

MSGed!

Like those dreams where you wake up terrified, relieved to find out its just a dream, but then notice dogs walking on the ceiling eating a baby and you're still asleep, and you wake up, relieved it's just a dream, and blood starts coming out of the walls, etc. etc. etc.....
    Geez.

Whatever you do, do not take acid and eat Chinese. You'll be story straight out of Florida.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Whoa! How dare you insult Chinese food eaters on acid? Not cool.
  • Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    fredzilla said:

Chinese food eaters on acid

I'm totally using this as the name of my new Ramones cover band.

• Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

fredzilla said:

Chinese food eaters on acid

I'm totally using this as the name of my new Ramones cover band.

Nope, I'm suing you. It's too close to my band Tex-Mex Munchers on Meth.
    Hmmm Yeti coolers dropped thier prices. Now you only have to sell one kidney to get one.

It's gone from 80s in temperature too chilly. I hate weather. I just need to move to somewhere closer to the equator
    mwhitt80 said:

Hmmm Yeti coolers dropped thier prices. Now you only have to sell one kidney to get one.

And you’ll have to perfect place to store that kidney until you can get it to someone who needs it.
    You can store it in there for days and not worry about bears.
    mwhitt80 said:

You can store it in there for days and not worry about bears.

Damn bears. Always stealing people's kidneys.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    I hope none of you had Arizona in your basketball pools.
  • I hope none of you had Arizona in your basketball pools.

I did.

• mwhitt80 said:

Tonebone said:

mwhitt80 said:

MSGed!

Geez.

Whatever you do, do not take acid and eat Chinese. You'll be story straight out of Florida.
    Actually, Chinese food doesn't affect me. What does affect me is prepacked sausages, etc.

Oh, and this one time, I tried ONE PIECE of Haw Flakes candy from a Chinese market. I hallucinated/night terror-ed all night long. It was a thin flat wafer the size of a dime.

And I forgot to mention the pounding, arrhythmic heartbeat. It would pound so hard it would shake the bed and wake up my wife... and it would seem to STOP periodically.
  • aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Tonebone said:

mwhitt80 said:

Tonebone said:

mwhitt80 said:

MSGed!

Geez.

Actually, Chinese food doesn't affect me. What does affect me is prepacked sausages, etc.

Oh, and this one time, I tried ONE PIECE of Haw Flakes candy from a Chinese market. I hallucinated/night terror-ed all night long. It was a thin flat wafer the size of a dime.

And I forgot to mention the pounding, arrhythmic heartbeat. It would pound so hard it would shake the bed and wake up my wife... and it would seem to STOP periodically.
    I have never heard of Haw Flakes Candy so I looked it up and found this description.

The dark pink/ purple candy is usually formed into discs two millimeter thick, and packaged in cylindrical stacks with label art resemblant of Chinese fireworks.

After reading your reply, this make me laugh.
    I'm an unabashed Atlanta Hawks fan, and this NCAA has turned me into a hot take machine on players. Who's making the list?

Out -> Trae Young "Bennett" & Michael Porter "Fredette" Jr.

85% Out -> Ayton "Thabeet" how do you get punked out against a team who's big man is 6-7? Goto Memphis.
    edited March 2018
    Today's connected unconnection

Don King is still alive and he still has the best America outfits. Just watch his hands because that man will steal from offering plate.

Double points at shop Lego through March 30.

The mission fly magazine (free and online) has some of my favorite pictures. It makes fishing look glamorous. My fly fishing involves ugly casts, tangled lines, insects in my eyes, and hooks in my hand, followed by maybe a fish. RIP Lefty, you didn't go out in your waders, but you came pretty dang close.

There is a $160.00 difference between a good pair of sunglasses and a $40.00 pair. It's just the truth. I'm not endorsing any brand, but it's not just paying for a logo. And yes it would hurt a lot more when you lose/break them.
  • RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Man, I hope none of you had Virginia in your office pools.

Nope. I knew they were going down as soon as their only legitimate big man got hurt in the ACC Tournament. Which is fine by me. Watching them play is like watching paint dry.
  • BryanBryan Posts: 207

I certainly didn't have them losing to UMBC, but I didn't have them going anywhere near all the way. My bracket wasn't hurt too bad by them losing.

On the other hand, as a VT grad, I am quite enjoying the wailing and gnashing of teeth from friends and neighbors that pull for UVA.
    Bryan said:

On the other hand, as a VT grad, I am quite enjoying the wailing and gnashing of teeth from friends and neighbors that pull for UVA.

Don’t worry, their system will win them a lot of regular season games, but it will never win them an NCAA title.
    So I mentioned this about 2 years, but babies don't breathe through thier mouth until they are a couple of months old. The only time they do is when they cry. Even when they can babies stink at it.

My son Samuel is about to be 6 months and has had the sniffles at night for the last few few days (thanks big sister). So last night my sweet little boy woke up at 4:30. I went to his room to give him his passie, clean his nose out, and lay him back down. Then the screaming started; I can count the number of times Samuel has woken up with screaming fit on 1 hand and still have 4 fingers left. I'm worn out this morning.
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    @mwhitt80 I can only imagine. I hope he's feeling better soon - and that you can catch a good nap soon
    Congratulations
    Tonebone said:

The Star Trek Bridge Crew game I worked on has been nominated for a ton of awards... from Dice, Polygon, SXSW, and even a BAFTA for best Multiplayer Game!

(We released a patch a little while ago that allows it to be played in non-VR.)

Nice!
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    @Tonebone Great news, congrats! I'm not a gamer but I'm a diehard Trekkie, thanks for strengthening the brand :smile:
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I saw it in videos. Or heard podcasts from there but sad to hear Meltdown Comics is closing it’s doors
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    My sister unexpectedly passed away a month ago this Sunday. And now my grandmother just passed away last night. To say it's been a tough stretch is an understatement
    DAR said:

My sister unexpectedly passed away a month ago this Sunday. And now my grandmother just passed away last night. To say it's been a tough stretch is an understatement

Man, that is tough. I'm very sorry for your losses. Best wishes to you and your family as you deal with the pain of losing loved ones.