Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    David_D said:

Very late to this one, but I recently finished the first season of HBO's Rome, which I thought was fantastic. I have heard the second season of it was not as good, but we'll see. I feel like that series is not only great for Shakespeare nerds, but those who really enjoy the King's Landing storylines from Game of Thrones, the political posturing and palace intrigue, would enjoy this.

I agree. Rome was fantastic. Short-lived, but fantastic.
  • Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163
    David_D said:

Very late to this one, but I recently finished the first season of HBO's Rome, which I thought was fantastic. I have heard the second season of it was not as good, but we'll see. I feel like that series is not only great for Shakespeare nerds, but those who really enjoy the King's Landing storylines from Game of Thrones, the political posturing and palace intrigue, would enjoy this.

I love this series. I personally though the second season was better than the first, and I loved the first season. That cast was awesome!You can tell they had a slightly bigger budget in the second season. The Game of Thrones comparison is apt. It's been stated that in terms of the great overall production values that Rome was a precursor of sorts to Game of Thrones.

If I'm not mistaken, they cancelled the show after the second season because HBO couldn't afford it. There were some rumblings out there a few years ago that HBO was considering bringing it back for a third season.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Last few Saturdays I’ve watched Blue Planet II. It’s pretty stunning
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Starting to hate Netflix for the wrong reasons. A year ago I finally broke down and got a tv for the bedroom. Seemed like a good idea at the time, until I remembered that I have an insomniac wife. Normally I don't mind that she stays up to watch stuff but she started American Horror Story. Add my sleep apnea into the mix where it's difficult to get into REM sleep. I get stuck in that state of being between sleep and being awake, with my consciousness being invaded by sounds of what's going on in the show. It has not been an enjoyable experience. I've also avoided my basement for three days.
  • Options
    Finally got around to watching GLOW. Not quite as good as I was hoping, but certainly good enough that I'd watch the next season (eventually).
  • Options
    The Cloverfield Paradox- I’m going to say some positive things.  It seemed to be in focus.  And the actors knew their lines.  And um it wasn’t over two hours.  Uh yeah that’s it.  ⭐️
  • Options
    Has anyone watched Altered Carbon yet? Would be interested in some feedback on that one.
  • Options
    DAR said:

The Cloverfield Paradox- I’m going to say some positive things.  It seemed to be in focus.  And the actors knew their lines.  And um it wasn’t over two hours.  Uh yeah that’s it.  ⭐️

It was tired. I gave it 2 stars out of 5. That last shot though and the scenes set on, how should I say, the home front, were the good parts. If the film was built around those two elements it probably would've been more entertaining and a film that you could call an ACTUAL Cloverfield sequel (or prequel).
  • Options
    I’ll admit I came with not the best mindset. I didn’t like the first Cloverfield either. I thought 10 Cloverfield Lane was pretty great until the action moved out of the house. But this was just silly and dull
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Watched the Big Sick last. It was good and had some really funny jokes. I'm still laughing about one of them.
  • Options
    chrislchrisl Posts: 78

Has anyone watched Altered Carbon yet? Would be interested in some feedback on that one.

I watched the first episode and thought it was excellent. Great setup and world building. Over the next week I’m make time to watch the next nine episodes.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Saw the first few minutes of this. Looks good! I'll be watching the rest once I have the time. It's subtitled, so I can't just play it in the background.

https://youtu.be/asTxh9kuEvE
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Watching Guardians 2 for the first time.

So when the movie opens in Missouri, my wife goes oh that's Bartow county, and sure enough it was two minutes from her mom's house and not Missouri

The earth blob almost got my fly fishing shop
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    Watching season 2 of Sense8. Great stuff.
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    ctowner1 said:

Another series on my long list of titles to watch. I was super intrigued by that first episode and heard it only gets better.
  • Options
    ctowner1 said:

Is that the Wachowski brothers superhero show?
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Finished it last night. I really enjoyed it. Visuals were amazing, world was very cool. I'll be picking up the books.
  • Options
    ctowner1 said:

I haven't got around to starting season 2 yet but I absolutely loved the first season. Great concept and that cinematography. Wow!
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    The Tick is back with new episodes on Prime.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    hauberk said:

The Tick is back with new episodes on Prime.

Yay!
  • Options
  • Options
    On "normie" TV, the Alienist is pretty damn good... I read the book when it came out, and it's always been a favorite of mine.

The show is extremely faithful, and does a spectacular job putting you into Victorian era NY City.
  • Options
    Well I’ve watched the Roseanne revival. Despite her generally grating on me. It’s been surprisingly good
  • Options
    DAR said:

Well I’ve watched the Roseanne revival. Despite her generally grating on me. It’s been surprisingly good

The second episode was better than the first. I was on the fence, but I liked episode two.
  • Options
    Catching up on "Brooklyn Nine Nine." Midway through season 3, right now and loving it. Big sitcom guy, so I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover it.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Finished season five of Voltron and Dexter (the 4th time I think). Started season two of A Series of Unfortunate Events. Watching the Rosanne revival on Hulu with the misses and love it this far.
  • Options

Catching up on "Brooklyn Nine Nine." Midway through season 3, right now and loving it. Big sitcom guy, so I can't believe it's taken me this long to discover it.

Captain Holt is my favorite character, in a show full of my favorite characters.
  • Options
    The wife has been all in on parks and rec.

I've been watching new Japan prowrestling and waypoint TV.