Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Krypton (SyFy)

2»

Comments

• Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Yup. Feels like a melting pit of various other genre shows/comics: Byrne’s Man of Steel, Hawkworld, the New Krypton story from ‘08/‘09, Abrams Star Trek, Caprica, Smallville, with some Shakespeare thrown in for good luck.

I think I’m watching to see secondary stories/characters. DC TV is great about sliding B/C list concepts into their shows. I’m here for Adam Strange and the potential for other DC sci-fi/space concepts.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Watched the first two episodes over Easter with my dad. I had no idea what the series was about, only that it was obviously Superman related. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    I recently watched the pilot and quite enjoyed it. "My Krytpon" is probably the one from the animated TV show and this feels close enough to that, that I'm going to enjoy exploring it.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I lost interest as of the fourth(?) ep. alao strangely rbe accents / voices started grating on me with this show. I also had to groan at some of the cultural subtext. At any rate, has it gone anywhere? Wirth another look?
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Watched it. Enjoyed it all the way through. Definitely a new interesting take.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    edited June 2018
    I'm through episode 4 now. I can definitely see why you stopped watching @batlaw but I'm going to power through. Things I don't like:

* The whole class warfare aspect. I don't mind this if done subtlety but it isn't here.
    * Lack of compelling characters. None really stuck out for me so far.

What I do like:

* The set designs are pretty well done.
    * Brainiac looks really good for a low budget show!
    * There's enough ties to DC that makes me want to continue on, for now.